Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
STNA / VERSATILE WORKER
Episcopal Retirement Services
Last Updated: 3/11/23
Versatile Worker - Deupree Cottages
Are you a STNA looking for a great culture, reasonable ratios, and an opportunity to grow with an organization? Episcopal Retirement Services has been voted one of Cincinnati's TOP EMPLOYERS for 13 years running and we are hiring passionate professionals.
When you love what you do, it shows!
When you love what you do, it shows!
Episcopal Retirement Services has an award-winning culture and a robust mix of available benefits and perks that may include, discounted meals, medical, dental, vision insurance, and other wellness perks. To learn more about ERS and our award-winning culture: https://youtu.be/3jEMW29lmCs
ERS has a unique role for an STNA to work as a Versatile Worker to provide both caregiving and homemaking services to meet the needs and desires of all household residents. This includes providing for the daily personal, physical, environmental, psycho-social, and spiritual needs, activities of daily living, and comfort of our residents.
We are seeking STNA candidates who have the desire to make meaningful contributions to the lives of our residents in a small person-centered cottage environment where the residents live life on their terms. If you are interested in this unique role, this setting may be the place where you belong!
As a Versatile Worker you can expect to:
- Attends to all resident personal care needs, including but not limited to, grooming, hygiene, dining and nutrition, mobility, toileting, psychosocial, and safety needs. Organizes all supplies necessary to complete the tasks. Supports residents in self-care and provides care as necessary for those unable to care for their own needs.
- Regularly checks and provides appropriate care and stimulation to residents needing specialized attention, including observation of the skin and provision of care related to the prevention of skin breakdown. Immediately reports any changes to the household nurse.
- Responds to residents’ requests, including call lights/pendants, and silent alarms, in a timely manner.
- Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates the activity/recreation programs of the household.
- Coordinates services with other household members.
- Communicates with staff and persons served by reading and responding promptly to e-mail, text, and phone messages on a daily basis.
- Organizes and implements individualized and group programs and encourages residents to pursue their interests by providing materials as needed and in keeping with the household budget.
- Sets up the dining room and prepares room service meals as requested. Assists residents who are unable to eat without support as appropriate. Facilitates mealtime conversations and maintains a warm, pleasant atmosphere while residents are eating.
- Is responsible for day-to-day homemaking functions such as cleaning (including meal clean-up), polishing, sanitizing, sweeping, vacuuming, etc., all environmental surfaces, in both resident rooms and common areas of the household (floor, ceiling, walls, fixtures, furniture, appliances), ensuring that established Infection Control practices and safety precautions are followed at all times.
- Upon a room vacancy, performs deep cleaning; prepares rooms in anticipation of new household members according to their wishes and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assists residents as needed to wash, mend, iron, fold, sort, and care for personal laundry.
- Completes any other responsibilities within the household that may become necessary/appropriate to assure that the household is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
- Ohio State Tested Nursing Assistant STNA certification; at least one year experience preferred
- A valid driver’s license with current insurance coverage preferred
- Must have the ability to read, write and communicate effectively with residents, families, and other staff members
If you desire joining a team that will value you, APPLY today! Immediate consideration is given to qualified applicants. We look forward to speaking with you!
Episcopal Retirement Services is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Log In Or Register to Apply Apply By Uploading a Resume Save Job
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Make an Impact! At Episcopal Retirement Services, our mission is to enrich the lives of older adults in a person-centered, innovative, and spiritually based way. Our talented team members in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana make this mission possible. Be Valued!ERS is one of Cincinnati’s Top Workplaces and has been for the past thirteen years. Our culture is...