Sales and Business Development Intern
Who we are:
TWG Infrastructure Solutions represents premier manufacturers GE and Valmont while we have added many more manufacturers to our line-up card serving both municipal, Illinois Department of Transportation, Chicago Department of Transportation, The Tollway, private customers, design consultants and architects, utilities, educational and institutional facilities, electrical and general contractors. Our commitment to excellence through diversity and inclusion is evident through our of various cultures, backgrounds, thoughts, and experiences coming together every day to win.
The Sales and Business Development Intern is responsible for assisting the Infrastructure Sales Team to sell and provide guidance about products needed by wholesalers and manufacturers. They will assist all business groups within organization that are associated with Infrastructure sales and support.
The Intern will work closely with our Sales and Business Development Lead as well as our Quotes Leads to provide excellent service to both our internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with potential and existing clients.
- Develop working knowledge of Salesforce.
- Develop strategies for sales in an assigned region or industry.
- Acquire knowledge of the field and product features to match products to the need of the client.
- Work with the Sales team to learn how to provide information, quotes, credit terms, and other bid specifications to clients.
- Collaborates with purchasing departments, managers, and other staff.
- Learn how to prepare and reports results, status of accounts, and leads to the manager.
- Cooperatively takes on other duties, roles, or responsibilities, as assigned.
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a collaborative environment, as well as individually.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 (Excel, Outlook, Word, PPT).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask and handle competing priorities.
- Ability to problem solve situations.
- Professional judgment and discretion.
- Ability to maintain a high level of social, organizational, and professional standards.
- Must be an incoming Junior or Senior majoring in Business, Sales, Project Management, or a similar field or graduating in May 2024 with a degree in Business, Sales, Project Management or a similar field.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer.
- Lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access various departments of a given work location.