Operating under the philosophy and mission “Where There’s A Will, There’s A Way”, the corporate culture of The Will Group fosters ingenuity and creativity with every endeavor. Our competitive distinction is our ability to be an all-encompassing resource for lighting, infrastructure, electrical, manufacturing, and sourcing needs. By directing the industry to our clients, we make positive contributions to our industry's needs and bottom line. This process is not just transactional, its transformational.
The Accounting Intern is responsible for assisting in the accuracy of financial records. The accounting intern may also be responsible for reconciling accounts payable accounts and accounts receivable accounts and developing and maintaining a comprehensive financial filing system for the company.
- Completes outside accounting firm tax and review requests.
- Prepares accounting reports to be reported to senior management.
- Documents accounting processes and procedures.
- Evaluates internal controls and provides recommendations for improvements.
- Maintain orderly financial filing system.
- Complies with established company work rules, policies, and procedures.
- Actively engages with other members of the company to continuously strive to improve processes, create efficiencies, reduce costs, and increase profitability.
- Cooperatively takes on other duties, roles, or responsibilities, as assigned.
- Must have a working understanding of financial principles.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Have strong organization and time management skills with the ability to work without distraction.
- Must be a team player and motivated to learn with a strong desire to take on a new challenge.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Ability to meet all assigned deadlines.
- Must be an incoming Junior or Senior majoring in Finance or Accounting or graduating in May 2024 with a Finance or Accounting degree.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer.
- Lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access various departments of a given location.