$16.00 – $16.00 • hourly
Crayons to Computers
Crayons to Computers, a nonprofit organization, exists to level the playing field in the classroom by ensuring that teachers can provide their students in need the tools to succeed in school.
This full-time position reports to the Assistant Director of Operations and works collaboratively with the operations and programs teams to ensure shipments and donations are received, processed, sorted and stored in an organized way so that items can be utilized effectively in the free teacher resource store.
- Receive shipments and verify their accuracy.
- Sort and place product according to warehouse plan.
- Unload trucks and place in staging area.
- Utilize material handling equipment including forklifts, power jacks and other equipment, as needed.
- Utilize the current inventory management system in coordination with the Assistant Director of Operations.
- Assist product donors with their donations (i.e., unloading vehicles, logging their donations, and providing receipts for donations).
- Assist in stocking the Store as needed. This includes preparing items to stock and moving items back to their original location after stocking is completed.
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of the warehouse.
- Driving Crayons’ vehicles (cargo van and 16 ft. box truck) for pick-ups and deliveries, as needed.
- Support efforts around inventory process.
- Work collaboratively with volunteers.
- Participate in the Saturday Store staffing rotation working one Saturday per month when the store is open (August through late May).
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Two years’ work experience (preferably within a warehouse setting) and high school diploma or equivalent are required. The ideal candidate:
- Possesses a passion for Crayons’ mission and holds a belief that education is key to breaking the cycle of poverty.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance, and ability to drive Crayons’ vehicles (cargo van and/or 16 ft. box truck).
- Able to or willing to learn to drive a forklift.
- Multi-tasks with ease amidst changing priorities.
- Is skilled at time management for productivity.
- Maintains attention to detail.
- Is a strong problem-solver.
- Is self-motivated and does not require close supervision.
- Possesses good oral and written communication skills.
- Is a team-player and collaborator.
- Is skilled at customer service.
- Is proficient with Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Has reliable transportation to and from work.
- Is physically able to pull and restock store inventory.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Able to walk and maneuver within a warehouse setting without assistance.
- Regular weekend and periodic evening availability.
- Successfully completes a background check and drug test.
Hourly Rate: $16/hour
To apply: send cover letter and resume to MerryBeth McKee, Controller, at email@example.com
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service