HSC has been around for over 45 years. On average we place over 100 animals into foster homes monthly, and as an end result, in 2023 have placed over 3500 companion animals into their new homes! HSC has also recently moved into our brand-new Animal Resource Center, and we are thrilled to have a brand-new state-of-the-art facility which allows us to be able to offer more comprehensive services to our community.
Our foster team is responsible for the intake, care, and placement of healthy, adoptable animals into our volunteer foster homes, and eventually our adoption program.
Daily duties will include administrative support to our Foster Coordinator, such as scheduling, managing the foster Facebook group, recording data and facilitating foster appointments. The Foster Assistant will also be responsible for medical intake of our shelter animals including, physicals, vaccinations, giving medications and entering detailed and accurate notes for each animal. Lastly the Foster Assistant will assist in expanding and maintaining our foster program.
Who are we looking for?
- Required: At least six months of related shelter or veterinary experience and/or training.
- Preferred: A full year of animal sheltering experience, as well as veterinary medical experience like vaccines, blood draws, and disease recognition.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively handle and diffuse high-stress and emotionally charged situations and be able to communicate clearly and effectively in a professional, positive and respectful manner.
- High level of time management skills with the ability to prioritize, organize and perform detailed tasks efficiently and with accuracy.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of HSC is also, of course, a must!
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Company covered Short Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care FSA
- Employee Assistance Program with free Mental Health Visits, Legal and Financial Assistance
- Professional Development Assistance
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Holiday & Birthday PTO
- Parental Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Pet Bereavement Leave
- Pet Discounts Including:
- Medical/Wellness Care
- Dog Training
- Pet Insurance
- Pet Food through Hill’s VIP
Come join our team of amazing professionals that are truly proud to be making a difference in the lives of animals and families in our community. Visit our website, www.humanecharlotte.org/careers, for a detailed job description as well as additional information on our organization and clinic. We look forward to hearing from you!