Job Summary: Responsible for planning, developing, implementing, overseeing, and integrating safety and security
programs for the Center and supervises SecurityOfficers.
• Ensures the safety, health, and security of students, staff, and property.
• Supervises Security Officers and coordinates work schedules.
• Administers rules and procedures regulating the entry, exit, and conduct of persons who seek access
to the campus.
• Assists in the conduct of evaluation drills, fire drills, active shooter drills, etc. as required by the PRH.
• Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting
buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
• Obtains help by sounding alarms.
• Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures;
• Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities;
interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
• Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
• Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with legalrequirements.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following
manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Ensures and enforces all laws, rules and policies within his/her scope of authority.
• Conducts foot patrols all assigned areas and remains alert for disturbances, fires, safety hazards, traffic
violators, suspicious acts and/or persons, and other unusual conditions.
• Aids and assists visitors, student employees and staff in every way possible.
• Performs building security and safety checks.
• Receives complaints and performs appropriate investigations as directed bymanagement.
• Provides transportation service as needed or assigned.
• Investigates vehicle accidents as assigned.
• Issues visitor passes and temporary parking permits.
• Participates in preparation and enforcement of Center’s safety and fire prevention program.
• Participates in daily briefing covering assignments, proper dress, and procedures.
• Provides written and oral reports, briefings, or summaries to appropriate staff.
• Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulations, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center
policies and procedures.
• Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices
• Follows CDSS plan and the Standards of Conduct system.
• Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success Standards.
Insights Position Description: Lead Officer Page 2 of 3
• Continuously helps students become more employable.
• Completes all required PRH, DOL and Corporate training.
• Assists in maintaining student security and accountability during training, day and evening, by
continuously walking through those areas where students are being trained, having lunch, participating
in dorm activities, recreational activities, and monitors grounds over entire Center.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management within the employee’s capabilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Above
average: public speaking skills and experience; verbal and written skills; and problem solving and conflict resolution
skills. Computer literacy skills, specifically Internet, e-mail, MS Word and Excel; must be able to work any shift and
day of the week; ability to obtain a commercial drivers’ license
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree preferred.
Experience: At least one year in a residential living setting and background in youth programs or law enforcement is
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid State Driver’s License with CDL endorsement.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit and stand and walk; to reach with hands and arms and talk and listen. The
employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; to taste and to smell. The employee
mustbe able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be requested to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that the job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. It is also understood that the company reserves the right to change work schedules as required, including overtime.
EMPLOYEE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: I fully understand that participation in PRH mandated staff training is
mandatory. I acknowledge that failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including discharge. I understand my key areas of responsibilities, performance expectations and work standards. I acknowledge that failure to perform to the expectations set forth in this position description may result in disciplinary action up to and including discharge.