Data Services Division
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
ABOUT IGNITE PHILANTHROPY
Our Mission: To connect people, ideas and capital to fuel community solutions.
Aspiring to maximize the power of giving, Ignite Philanthropy (Ignite) works with private donors and non-profit organizations to leverage their resources and ideas to achieve greater impact in the communities they serve. Ignite serves the entire philanthropic and non-profit sector—from individuals, companies and foundations seeking to manage and enhance their charitable giving to non-profits looking for an experienced partner to help raise capital to accomplish their mission. In 2022, Ignite helped raise over $60MM in philanthropic support for its non-profit clients and supported its foundation clients to grant $13.5MM to hundreds of non-profit organizations. Recognized as a 2021 Cincinnati Business Courier Fast 55 Nominee, Ignite invests in its people, processes, and technology to deliver unparalleled service to its philanthropic and non-profit clients and community.
The Data Analyst is a new role that will play an integral role in Ignite’s client-facing consulting team, leveraging data expertise to enhance the effectiveness of the company’s fundraising strategies. This role will involve collecting, processing, and interpreting data related to donor contributions, behavior, and engagement. The Data Analyst will be adept at handling a diverse range of data types, including often complex and messy datasets. The role will collaborate closely with internal teams and clients, utilizing data analysis to drive informed decision-making, and providing key insights that contribute to successful client engagements.
- Data Collection and Management:
- Gather and compile donor data from various sources, including donor CRM, financial management systems and ad hoc records.
- Clean and transform diverse and potentially messy datasets to extract meaningful insights.
- Establish and enforce data quality standards to ensure accuracy and reliability of the analytics produced.
- Develop and maintain analytics databases and data systems.
- Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Analyze donor data to identify trends, patterns, and insights that can inform fundraising strategies.
- Produce reports and dashboards summarizing key metrics related to donor acquisition, retention, and engagement.
- Provide actionable recommendations based on data analysis to optimize fundraising performance.
- Segmentation and Targeting:
- Utilize segmentation techniques to categorize donors based on various criteria such as giving history, demographics, and engagement level.
- Work with the client team to develop targeted campaigns and communication strategies tailored to specific donor segments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, to ensure the seamless flow of data and insights across the organization.
- Participate in strategy meetings to provide data-driven recommendations and insights.
- Provide ongoing support to address data-related queries and challenges during client engagements.
- Solutions Driven – Our work is rooted in our ability to develop solutions to help our clients achieve their philanthropic goals. We take the lead in co-creating the path to our clients’ success.
- Adaptive – Building the right strategy requires us to remain humble so we may continually learn and adapt. We embrace listening, questioning, and experimentation as the foundation to our adaptive mindset.
- Team-Centered – No single individual has the knowledge and experience to successfully navigate all aspects of our work. We thrive by taking a team approach, ensuring that we bring diverse tools and talent to successfully tackle our clients’ complex challenges.
- Service Minded – Through the generosity of our clients we are able to serve our community. We take this responsibility seriously, personifying the spirit of the sector we serve.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Experience in supporting client-facing consulting teams.
- Advanced proficiency in tools such as Excel, Access, SQL, and data visualization software.
- Familiarity with CRM systems and donor databases.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices preferred.
- Ability to proactively manage multiple projects at the same time, with minimal direction, and successfully meet project goals and deadlines
- Ability to understand and anticipate next steps in complex processes
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to deliver work of the highest quality
- Strong time management and organizational skills and ability to balance demands of multiple client projects at the same time, while still reaching internal and external deadlines and goals
- A willingness to accept feedback and a desire to learn and improve continuously
- Entrepreneurial spirit and interest in being part of a growing company
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a data analytics role
- Proven experience in data analysis and interpretation, preferably in a nonprofit or fundraising environment.
- Proficiency in data visualization tools and platforms.
- Strong knowledge of database management systems and data hygiene best practices.
- Familiarity with fundraising software and donor management systems.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey complex data insights to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to data accuracy and integrity.
- Strong critical thinking, quantitative analysis and research skills
- Strong presentation skills and display of professionalism
- Non-profit experience preferred
SALARY & BENEFITS
Ignite Philanthropy offers a competitive comprehensive employee benefits package:
- The salary range for the Data Analyst position is $40,000 – 65,000 annually, commensurate with experience
- Ignite offers the following benefits to employees:
- Elective health, dental, and vision insurance (75% of the employee’s premium is employer paid)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance (100% of the premium is employer-paid)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a 4% employer contribution that employees may elect to participate in the quarter immediately following their hire date
- Discretionary annual bonus and profit-sharing contribution
- Fourteen (14) paid holidays, which includes six (6) business days at the end of the calendar year
- 120 hours of paid leave (PTO) used for vacations and planned absences.
- Flexible Discretionary Leave used for short-term health-related or personal absences.
- Eight (8) hours of Volunteer Leave used for volunteering in the community.
- Twelve (12) weeks of partially paid Parental Leave.
- Ignite provides the following stipends to offset employee’s costs:
- Home Office/Technology Stipend - $400/one-time, upon hire
- Parking Stipend - $80/month o Phone/Internet Stipend - $50/month
- Wellness Reimbursement - $200/annually
- Ignite is fully committed to employees’ growth and offers opportunities for continued professional development
- Ignite supports a hybrid work environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage a diverse pool of candidates to apply. Ignite Philanthropy is fully committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.