Job Description: Project Manager
Green Umbrella seeks a dynamic, highly motivated, detail-oriented individual to support the work of Tri-State Trails as a full-time Project Manager. This new position is being created to expand Tri-State Trails’ technical assistance capacity and support local governments who lack expertise on staff to coordinate trail and bikeway projects. This position will report to the Director of Tri-State Trails and will work out of the Green Umbrella office with a hybrid work option available.
About Green Umbrella & Tri-State Trails:
Green Umbrella leads collaboration, incubates ideas, and catalyzes solutions that create a resilient, sustainable region for all. We envision a vibrant community where sustainability is woven into our ways of life. Our systems-level work has the goal of improving the health of our region's people, climate, and landscape. We do this by convening cross-sector collaborations that work to affect policy, systems, and environment change.
Tri-State Trails is an alliance of community advocates advancing a vision to connect and expand our region's trail and bikeway network. An initiative of Green Umbrella, Tri-State Trails activates cross-sector collaboration to expand access to walkable and bikeable communities to all people. We believe that trails enhance our region's communities, resulting in healthier people and stronger economies. Our mission is to connect people and places with a regional trails network that enhances vibrancy and equity in our community.
To be successful in this role, we believe the ideal candidate will have the following characteristics and experience.
- Undergraduate degree in urban planning, civil engineering, environmental sustainability, or related field
- Minimum three years of nonprofit, government, or private sector experience
- Passionate commitment to the mission of Tri-State Trails
- Excellent project management and time management skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Organized and willing to become a master at Asana project management
- Proven leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrated self‐direction and ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficient at Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel around the Greater Cincinnati region
- Willingness to be a team player and adapt to the evolving needs of a growing organization
- Represent Tri-State Trails as a trusted adviser and expert to local governments and nonprofit groups
- Consult with and support partnering organizations to advance projects from conception to completion and position projects to pursue funding for construction
- Develop of proposals and scopes of work
- Participate or lead field investigations and site analyses
- Coordinate outreach to collect input from the public
- Conduct research and write relevant reports
- Cultivate relationships with local government decision makers, elected officials, and community influencers to build support for the mission of Tri-State Trails
- Strategically prioritize and advance connections called for in Tri-State Trails’ 10-county Regional Trails Plan
- Represent Tri-State Trails at events as needed
Preferred of Applicants:
- Past consulting or local government experience
- Ability to navigate and administer federal and state grant funding process
- Grant writing experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign) and ArcGIS
- Ability to navigate the region by bike and public transit
Salary & Benefits
- Annual salary of $50,000 to $60,000, commensurate with experience
- Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
- Accrual of twelve (12) vacation days in first year of employment (increases with tenure at organization)
- Accrual of ten (10) sick days annually
- Flex-time policy for overtime hours, flexible and hybrid work schedule
- Health Insurance: 100% of health insurance premium cost for full-time employees is covered (no waiting period), 25% of spouse/family health insurance is covered
- Parental Bonding Leave (after 1 year of employment) of up to 4 weeks PTO
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as one PDF attachment by 5:00 PM on April 4, 2022 to email@example.com. Address cover letter to Wade Johnston, Director, Tri-State Trails. No phone calls please. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, so if you are interested in the position, please submit your information as soon as possible.
GREEN UMBRELLA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND VALUES DIVERSITY AT ALL LEVELS OF ITS WORKFORCE. We are committed to making sure our applicant pool is diverse and reserve the right to extend the application period or seek additional candidates if it is not.