GreenLight Fund is a national nonprofit with a local focus that partners with communities to create opportunities for inclusive prosperity.
Each year we facilitate a community-driven process that matches the local needs of individuals and families not met by existing programs, to organizations with track records of success elsewhere. Working with communities, we identify, invite in and launch proven organizations, providing collaborative support so they can quickly take root and deliver change.
Everything we do is designed to remove barriers to inclusive prosperity all too often rooted in racial inequities. Our impact increases exponentially as we address one specific, community-identified need each year, in each GreenLight site.
Since 2004, we have launched 39 portfolio organizations across eleven sites, invested $26M, and attracted an additional $169M from other funding sources, reaching more than 417,000 individuals and families in 2021 alone.
To learn more about the GreenLight Fund, please visit www.greenlightfund.org.
GreenLight Fund seeks an energetic, organized, and people-centered National Development Manager to join our External Affairs team, which supports GreenLight sites to effectively and efficiently execute their donor stewardship plans, and creates and maintains systems and processes for donor engagement. The Development Manager will provide hands-on coaching to GreenLight sites to ensure they have the knowledge, tools and capabilities they need to successfully engage their donors and build their local fundraising support.
The External Affairs team is led by the Vice President, External Affairs. The Development Manager will report to the VP, External Affairs, and will work collaboratively across the External Affairs team and the GreenLight Fund national network.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Train, Coach and Advise GreenLight Sites
- In partnership with the External Affairs team and sites, increase capacity for effective fundraising and donor relations by providing development administrative support for key development activities including tracking donation and payment activity, grant proposals and reports, and stewardship materials.
- In partnership with the External Affairs team, develop outreach materials, acknowledgment and stewardship templates and other documents, tools, or templates as requested.
- Maintain and troubleshoot suite of fundraising reports used to manage network-wide fundraising progress via Salesforce; provide technical support to sites as needed.
- Serve as resident expert on GreenLight’s fundraising systems and processes, providing resources and guidance to site associates as they support their sites’ fundraising and donor relations activities.
Site Support Coverage
- Provide hands-on support and capacity to new site EDs until their first Associate is hired and onboarded (e.g. keeping Salesforce updated, managing up as the ED executes their donor stewardship plans, support on grant proposal and report writing as needed).
- Provide temporary, time-bound support to sites that experience unexpected staff turnover to help sustain external affairs-related needs.
National External Affairs Team
- Ensure documents and resources related to site support are captured in the External Affairs resource library and easily navigable for site staff (knowledge management).
- Collaborate with External Affairs staff to ensure sites’ implementation experience is informing the ongoing refinement and continuous improvement external affairs resource library by maintaining active feedback loops between sites and the external affairs team.
- Co-lead planning, hiring, onboarding, and management of External Affairs interns and fellows, as well as the alignment of interns and fellows across sites as needed.
- Participate in cross-functional work groups and collaborate on special projects that advance key organizational priorities.
- Support sites in the execution of successful fundraising events through weekly calls and day-to-day support before and after events. This includes providing on-site event support and donation processing across GreenLight Fund’s national network.
- Provide occasional coverage for other EA team members, as needed, especially when special projects arise.
- Special projects support related to GreenLight Fund’s support of effective fundraising and donor relations.
- A minimum of three years of experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- A deep commitment to removing barriers to inclusive prosperity so individuals and families can thrive.
- Experience coaching individuals and/or teams.
- Experience executing fundraising plans and writing grant reports and proposals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation, including cultural agility skills necessary to work effectively with diverse people, teams, and communities.
- Strong project and time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage several projects concurrently.
- Command of all Microsoft Office programs, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong orientation towards data and efficient systems, with ability to communicate their value to others.
- Ability to take initiative when needed, manage up and sideways effectively, and grow with a growing organization.
- Willingness to quickly learn and analyze new information.
- Ability to take initiative and think creatively.
- Live in reasonable proximity to a GreenLight site: Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Detroit, Kansas City, Greater Newark, Philadelphia, San Francisco Bay Area, and the Twin Cities.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience operationalizing Salesforce within a development environment.
- Experience working in a national, multi-site organization and understanding of the dynamics that can arise between the national/headquarters and sites responsible for program implementation.
Applicants must live in reasonable proximity to a GreenLight site: Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Detroit, Kansas City, Greater Newark, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and the Twin Cities.
The salary range for this position is $75,000 - $80,000, commensurate with skills and experience.
GreenLight offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO and parental leave, as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, FSA, EAP, remote work assistance, and professional development stipend.
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter via our website at www.greenlightfund.org/careers, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of this position.
GreenLight Fund is committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion at every level of the organization. GreenLight Fund recognizes and appreciates the value of building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment. GreenLight Fund takes pride in being an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental ability, race, region, sexual orientation or veteran status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org