POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: CHIEF OF STAFF
Mother’s Outreach Network (MON), a nonprofit organization located in Washington, D.C., is seeking a full-time Chief of Staff. The person who fills this position will provide general operations stewardship, supporting the Executive Director as well as organize and coordinate the daily office operations. This includes, for example, overseeing interoffice communications; content entry of all databases; staffing of the Board of Directors and Executive Director; providing program oversight managing vendors,providing daily updates of income and expenses to the bookkeeping consultant.
About OUT MOTHER’s OUTREACH NETWORK
Mother’s Outreach Network (MON) is an advocacy organization. that advances the inclusion and empowerment of Black mothers in the struggle for family preservation by transforming government income and child welfare laws, policies and practices from punitive to empowering. MON challenges racist, counterproductive government policies and practices that hold families in poverty. MON alternatively pursues policy advocacy, organizing, holistic lawyering, and values-driven strategies for sustainable government policies that promote family stability, economic security and allow children to stay safely with their natural parents and families. Working to transform government income and child welfare laws, policies and practices, MON works to keep families whole, stable, and economically secure.
MON is seeking a Chief of Staff to oversee all non-legal operations and be responsible for ensuring that the organization’s projects are executed successfully. The Chief of Staff will work closely with the Executive Director to best align the organization’s people and resources to allow the organization to achieve its ambitious goals. They will implement strategic initiatives, measure, and monitor outcomes, and help drive decisions or process improvements that make the organization more effective.
- Oversee and follow up on the execution of projects
- Establish policies and procedures for the organization
- Oversee performance of contractors
- Lead the annual planning and budget process
- Support the Executive Director in meetings and events
- Be responsible for payroll and benefits and other matters related to financial procedures, vendors, and contractors
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Attention to detail
- Passionate for the mission of Mother’s Outreach Network
- Enthusiasm for the team and for supporting leadership
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Several years of management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a relevant field
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong work ethic
- Commitment to the values of Mothers Outreach Network
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The position has a salary of mid $80,000. Compensation includes medical, dental and vision insurance.
There are 15 days paid leave, in addition to the public holidays observed in Washington DC.