At Cincinnati Children’s, we come to work with one goal: to make children’s health better. We believe in a holistic team approach, both in caring for patients and their families, and in advancing science and discovery. We strive to do better and find energy and inspiration in our shared purpose. If you want to be the best you can be, you can do it at Cincinnati Children’s.
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Has Been Named:
- The #3 Pediatric Hospital in the Nation - US News and World Report 2022
- On Forbes Magazine 2022 list of America’s Best Employers for Diversity
- One of four Medical Centers making the list of the 2022 Glassdoor Best Places to Work
- An LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality Top Performer in 2022 by The Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
Working as a Psychiatry Nurse at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center you will enjoy:
- Embracing relationship-based care while engaging with patients and families
- Working in a milieu setting for the management of patients and families to provide direct care in collaboration with the inter-disciplinary team and to bring the best care to the patient
- A state-of-the-art mental health facility opening in October 2023
- Elevating your psychiatric nursing skills by developing greater therapeutic communication and rapport while further developing medical/surgical skills
- Leading and co-leading Psychiatric Educational groups ensuring therapeutic outcomes
Market Leading Benefits Including:
- Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, and Weekend Option Pay Programs
- Medical coverage starting day 1 of employment. View employee benefits here: https://www.cincinnatichildrens.org/careers/benefits
- Pension plan and optional 403(b) supplemental retirement plans
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Expansive employee discount programs through our many community partners
- Referral bonus program for current staff!
- Support through Employee Resource Groups such as African American Professionals Advisory Council, Asian Cultural and Professional Group, EQUAL - LGBTQA Resource Group, Juntos - Hispanic/Latin Resource Group, Veterans and Military Family Advocacy Network, and Young Professionals (YP) Resource Group
- Physical and mental health wellness programs
- Relocation assistance packages available for nurses!
Enjoy More Tuition Free Benefits Including:
- Psychiatric Residency Enrichment Program
- Experienced Adult to Pediatric Fellowship Program
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Training
Variety of Flexible Shifts and Weekend Options Available
- Associate/Diploma prepared RNs from ACEN, CCNE or NLN CNEA accredited institution
- If hired as an external candidate without BSN or MSN, must enroll in a BSN or MSN program within 1 year of hire date and complete program within 5 years of hire date
- Active Ohio RN License. May be required to obtain other state licensure
- New Graduate Nurses welcome!
- BSN from ACEN or CCNE accredited institution or MSN
- Must be able to pass physical agility test and Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Certification Course
Comprehensive job description provided upon request.
Cincinnati Children’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and treasures Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We are committed to creating an environment of dignity and respect for all our employees, patients, and families (EEO/AA)