Position: Manager, Strong Consulting
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible to: Director, Strong Consulting
We are a strengths-based group of diverse professionals who inspire educators and organizations to realize their visions for success through extraordinary learning experiences. We would love for you to join our team.
As the Manager, Strong Consulting you will work alongside a growing team of innovative and committed change-makers at Mayerson Academy (MA) who are building strengths-based schools and organizations across Greater Cincinnati and beyond. You are a highly skilled facilitator and professional learning designer who is passionate about organizational development, solving problems, and maximizing the strengths of others. You have a knack for big-picture strategy as well as an appreciation for the details of planning and execution. Leveraging your creativity, social intelligence, and love of learning, you will ensure that the Strong Consulting team is growing strengths-based organizations across Cincinnati and beyond. People see you as a great teammate who believes it is fully possible to work hard and have a lot of fun at the same time.
ABOUT OUR WORK:
Stronger workplace culture leads to better results – for employees and for those they reach through their efforts. In fact, research shows that strengths-based cultures lead to outcomes that matter in any workplace - higher job satisfaction, better performance, and increased employee well-being.
Mayerson Academy’s Strong Cincinnati Initiative is expanding the capacity and deepening the impact of our city’s nonprofit community through world-class professional learning, consulting and peer-to-peer networking that is rooted in the science of character strengths. Since 2018, Strong Cincinnati has grown to a network of nearly 50 Cincinnati nonprofits and city government departments of all sizes, representing a diverse mix of organizations that touches nearly every corner of our city. Over the next three years, we will grow the Strong Cincinnati Network to reach a critical mass of over 80 organizations across the city and expand our efforts into new sectors in Greater Cincinnati and beyond. For more about Strong Cincinnati, visit our website at https://www.mayersonacademy.org/strong-organizations/strong-cincinnati-institute/#overview
Program Management and Consultation
- Facilitate best-in-class professional learning experiences to a diverse mix of teams and organizations, including the Strong Cincinnati Institute.
- Own a consulting portfolio of select Strong Cincinnati Network organizations to help ensure successful implementation of a strengths-based workplace culture.
- Oversee a portfolio of funded strengths-based projects with Strong Cincinnati Network organizations.
- Manage a portfolio of general consulting assignments with clients outside of the Strong Cincinnati Network, including nonprofits, businesses, and other diverse audiences.
- Execute the strategy for maximizing the potential of the Strong Cincinnati Network to deepen organizational culture change, elevate best practices, and activate both peer-to-peer and cross-organizational connections.
- Ensure smooth coordination of workshop logistics, program communication, evaluation, organization of materials and partner information and records.
Content Design and Development
- Envision, design, and develop high quality resources to support Strong Consulting program implementation and character strengths integration.
- Contribute to ongoing learning and innovation around research-based, best practices for strengths-based organizational development, professional learning, and program integration.
- Apply a lens of learning design to create cohesive, outcomes-focused learning experiences and application tools.
- Support the development and delivery of digital tools and resources on our new digital learning platform.
- Work in cooperation with Mayerson Academy colleagues to assess and report on quarterly and annual departmental and organizational goals.
- Participate in organization-wide initiatives as needed including cross-functional teams.
- Model the culture we are seeking to build by embodying our core values and continually strengthening our Mayerson Academy culture.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5-7 years or more of job-related experience preferred.
· Experience leading and/or influencing organizational development and culture initiatives as a consultant or internal staff member strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated experience with skillful facilitation, presentation and design of program content in both virtual and in-person settings.
· History of building and executing a project strategy, managing and planning around deadlines, and adjusting plans as new information becomes available.
· History of successfully navigating complex relationships in a variety of settings to build trust and lead to desired outcomes.
· Results oriented: Motivated by clear goals and outcomes and driven to manage both up and laterally to invest others in achieving those goals and outcomes.
· A desire to manage a flexible portfolio of programs, projects and partners through ongoing collaboration with teammates.
· A track record of continuous learning and growth, including an openness to feedback.
· Adept in current Office technology and demonstration of outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
· A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and an ability to integrate insights into the work through design, facilitation and consultation.
· Willingness and ability to work occasional evenings and/or weekends for special events.
Here’s a little bit more about who we are and what we value:
Much has changed since the Academy sprung to life in 1992. Growing from an innovative, local, public-private partnership with a mission to create world-class professional learning, MA now reaches across the U.S. and around the world. Our partnerships have taken us to China, New Zealand, Mexico, Canada, United Arab Emirates, Sweden and Australia and our work has been featured in numerous publications including EdWeek, Live Happy, and US News and World Report. But…no matter where we are working or who we are talking to some things never change. It will always be true that:
- we are driven
- we are grounded in science
- we are uncommon
- we are system activators
- we make a difference
We have a steadfast commitment to diversity in our organization. We strive to create an organizational culture characterized by inclusion and belonging and to exhibit racial equity in all we do. We are especially interested in candidates who can contribute to our organization’s diversity and that reflect the fullness of society.
Our Core Purpose
We create extraordinary strengths-based learning experiences that boost engagement, learning, and performance and ultimately transform cultures.
We envision schools, organizations and neighborhoods as thriving ecosystems where everyone expresses the best within themselves as part of our shared humanity.
Applications should include a resume, cover letter, and where you learned of the position and be sent to email@example.com. To expedite the internal sorting and reviewing process, please include your name (Last, First) and the title of this role as the only contents in the subject line of your email.
We have a steadfast commitment to diversity and strive to create an organizational culture characterized by inclusion and belonging and to exhibit equity in all we do. We are especially interested in candidates who can contribute to our organization’s diversity and who reflect the fullness of society.
The expected annual salary range for this position is $72,500-80,000. Due to the pace of this search, applications are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. There will be a rolling interview schedule.