Compliance and Quality Improvement Specialist
Beech Acres Parenting Center
At Beech Acres Parenting Center, we uncover the natural gifts of children by unleashing the power of parents and caregivers. As a contemporary parenting center, Beech Acres serves over 30,000 people annually through a wide range of services including foster care, kinship care, adoption, behavioral health support in schools, parent coaching and much more. All of our programs are founded in our Natural Strength Parenting™ framework which enables parents to unlock their own potential by building on their unique strengths. For more information, visit www.beechacres.org
We're a spirited team that believes in having fun and making an impact in our community and beyond. Beech Acres offers competitive salaries, generous paid time off, and a comprehensive training program to support you in your journey. We’ve built a culture that values each employees unique strengths and is welcoming and inclusive for all. We’ve recently implemented an exciting new strategic vision for the organization that will guide us through the next three years and beyond. Come be part of positive change happening in schools, pediatric offices, workplaces, the community, and the world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Conducts compliance and quality improvement (QI) activities to ensure high quality standards are embedded across all programs and departments within BAPC. In collaboration with the Director of Compliance, this position is directly responsible for ensuring the agency is in compliance with all federal, state and county laws and regulations, and will facilitate QI projects to maintain compliance or improve agency performance. Additionally, this position partners with all program and department areas to lead quality improvement initiatives to maintain a continuous quality improvement model of growth. Lastly, this position will support the agency’s greater compliance activities to include contract management and reviews, policy and procedure writing, agency training as appropriate, etc.
- Facilitate and conduct internal peer review audits for all lines of service across the organization on a regular monthly and quarterly cadence.
- Support all external audit processes to include chart reviews, record collection, and communication with external auditors.
- Support the maintenance of the agency’s policies and procedures to sustain compliance with regulatory changes.
- This will include policy writing, review and training in collaboration with impacted departments and/or programs.
- This position will be a key member on the agency’s Enterprise Risk Management committee and will create and implement risk mitigation activities based on the agency’s prioritized threats.
- Analyze data using compliance reports, peer review audit results, and risk identification to detect areas for improvement, and implement and facilitate quality improvement initiatives
- Conduct root cause analysis, identify key drivers and failure modes, creation and implementation of PDSA’s, analyzing results from pilots, and spreading change.
- Assist the agency in achieving and maintaining the HIPAA Seal of Compliance which will include supporting contract management efforts, policy review, required staff training compliance, etc.
- Executes record requests according to HIPAA regulations and standards for redaction.
- Support processes surrounding court orders and subpoena’s as needed.
- Maintain compliance and quality reporting to counties as required.
- Co-Lead the agency’s Council on Accreditation reaccreditation efforts.
- Attend external meetings relating to Ohio’s BH and CW systems of care.
- This position will lead the agency’s policy review and revision project for our suite of child welfare, prevention and foster care policies and procedures.
- Other tasks as needed or assigned which could involve short or long-term projects, and quality improvement initiatives.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Bachelors Degree in a social science, law, healthcare or business major required
- In-depth knowledge of HIPAA compliance (Privacy, Security, and Omnibus rules) and Protected Health Information (PHI) required.
- Experience with responding to records requests and in-depth knowledge of appropriate uses and disclosures under HIPAA.
- Experience with policy writing, review, and revision is necessary.
- Knowledge of the behavioral health and child welfare systems of Ohio is required. This includes knowledge and understanding of Ohio’s BH redesign, statutes under ODJFS, and Council on Accreditation standards and requirements.
- This position requires knowledge and practical use of the Model for Improvement or Lean Six Sigma techniques. This involves the application of key QI tools, ability to facilitate groups, analyze data, create pilot tests and spread change.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere, lead and influence groups, and create structure during times of ambiguity.
- Attention to detail, time management, prioritization of tasks, and ability to multi-task across multiple priorities while meeting deliverable deadlines is a must.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in computer programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Pro, and Outlook is required.
- Experience supporting compliance activities within a healthcare, non-profit, social services, or similar environment is necessary.
- Experience with NextGen, Binti, REDCap, HIE, and Healthy Planet is preferred, but not required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Strong writing skills and ability to transform data into actionable items is essential.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team members and staff throughout the agency.
- The ability to work autonomously, sometimes in ambiguity and adapt to change.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills, ability to use creativity and innovation in addressing challenges/barriers.
Beech Acres is an Equal Opportunity Employer
BAPC provides equal employment opportunities (“EEO”) to all persons, consistent with applicable federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, religion, ancestry, military or veteran status, color, national origin, or any other applicable statutorily protected group status under local, state, or federal law. This applies to all phases of the employment relationship including recruitment, hiring, compensation, advancement, and discipline.
To apply: www.beechacres.org
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service