What will make you the “ideal person”?
- You excel at building relationships and energize others with your passion for impact.
- You are personally committed to issues of equity and want to be part of an organization empowering a more just, equitable, and sustainable community through entrepreneurship.
- You thrive in an environment where new ideas are encouraged.
- You excel at prioritizing activities and adapt to shifting priorities.
- You like to “own” your work and have a good sense for what you know, what you can learn, and when you need help.
How will we know that you’ve got what it takes?
- You have solid experience in project management, having co-designed, coordinated, or delivered education projects such as employee engagement programs or training.
- You pride yourself in thinking ahead, planning for what’s needed, and being a resourceful problem solver.
- You are a great communicator. You think and write clearly and efficiently in both spoken and written formats.
- Even better if you like to use digital tools like Canva, PowerPoint, or social media to amplify awareness of the impact of the work you are doing.
- You can be flexible with your time, working occasional evenings.
What will you be doing?
- You will be responsible for the planning and execution of Flywheel’s Elevate Equity Startup Accelerator. This is our program for entrepreneurs who are inspired by opportunities to reduce the impact of systemic race and gender bias. The cycle for this program typically runs from Mid-Fall (recruiting begins) through April (program concludes). You will be supported by your coworkers and the Executive Director so while you will lead this work, you will not do it all on your own. Your tasks will include:
- Use your network and ours to recruit founders to Elevate Equity. This may include attending meetings, speaking engagements, zoom calls, etc.
- Coordinate the application, interview, and selection process for the founders accepted into the accelerator.
- Engage coaches from our coaching bench and match them to selected founders.
- Plan the overall schedule for the accelerator, line up subject matter experts, and coordinate coaching sessions and follow ups.
- Facilitate logistics of the sessions which are a combination of in person, virtual (through Zoom) and hybrid.
- Prepare your founders for their demo day presentations (final presentations).
- Coordinate with your coworkers to plan demo day.
- When your accelerator is not in session, you will use your talents and skills in multiple ways to support the organization. We value versatility and a willingness to learn new skills. These are examples of work you might do.
- Research and design changes and improvements you could make to your program.
- Collect data and produce content about your founders. Work with our interns or team members to post on our website, social media, outreach material to funders, and other vehicles for promoting our impact.
- Support our grant writing efforts by writing content for grant application questions or filing impact reports related to your program.
- Recruit coaches for our accelerators and help coordinate training and engagement activities to enhance their volunteer experience.
- Provide support as needed to your coworkers for their programs they have in session.
- Engage and educate our interns so they have a productive and educational experience
- Represent Flywheel as a planner or participant in events organized by our partners in the Startup ecosystem.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible work hours with work from home several days a week as events allow.
- When you come to the office, you will be at Union Hall, the epicenter of the region’s entrepreneurial ecosystem, where you’ll meet founders, funders, and mentors, as well as civic, business and government leaders all supporting entrepreneurs.
- You get free parking, 24/7 in OTR…your friends will be jealous
- It’s a jeans and tee shirt kind of place. Just dress appropriately for your audience of the day.
- And a bonus…expect free coffee, tea, and frequent free happy hours.
- Three weeks PTO and 10 holidays in the first year of employment.
- Salary range of $48-52,000 commensurate with experience
- We are looking for a year-round, full-time employee, however other arrangements will be considered for the right candidate.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Flywheel, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience, while similar, doesn’t align perfectly we encourage you to apply anyway. You may still be just the right candidate.
How to apply?
Shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us what makes you the “ideal person”, and what excites you about this opportunity and include your resume.
Flywheel Social Enterprise Hub’s mission is to equip impact-focused entrepreneurs with opportunities to build their knowledge, develop funding strategies, and make valuable connections as they scale their ventures.. We advance startups in the region’s only accelerators purpose-built for social entrepreneurs dedicated to a more just, equitable and sustainable community.