$45,000 – $65,000 • yearly
Philanthropic Services Division
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Exempt
ABOUT IGNITE PHILANTHROPY
Our Mission: To connect people, ideas and capital to fuel community solutions.
Aspiring to maximize the power of giving, Ignite Philanthropy works with private donors and non-profit organizations to leverage their resources and ideas to achieve greater impact in the communities they serve. Ignite Philanthropy serves the entire philanthropic and non-profit sector—from individuals, companies and foundations seeking to manage and enhance their charitable giving to non-profits looking for an experienced partner to help raise capital to accomplish their mission.
Ignite Philanthropy’s Philanthropic Services Division provides foundation management, grantmaking, administrative and strategic planning services for donor-advised funds, as well as private, corporate and family foundations. Our Philanthropic Services team combines deep knowledge of the local philanthropic landscape with management and technology experience to allocate over $11 million annually on behalf of our clients.
The Program Officer reports to the Associate Vice President, Philanthropic Services and is a new role responsible for directly managing multiple foundation client relationships in partnership with the Associate Vice President, Philanthropic Services, as well as supporting the work of the Philanthropic Services division in providing support to a portfolio of foundation and individual philanthropist clients. This position will work with clients to ensure that their philanthropic vision and goals are realized in partnership with non-profit recipients and an efficient grantmaking and foundation management infrastructure.
The Program Officer is a position that is responsible for maintaining relationships with non-profits of varying sizes across a diverse range of sectors and with some of our community’s most respected philanthropic leaders. As such, the Program Officer will have a high degree of emotional intelligence, passion for philanthropy and the work of the non-profit sector, as well as significant experience in managing multiple projects and client relationships simultaneously. The ideal candidate will also possess an ability to think strategically and apply this skill to serve as a sounding board and advisor to clients and non-profit leaders.
Specific areas of oversight and responsibilities include:
- Serves as the lead Program Officer on 4 – 6 key client relationships.
- Manages a portfolio of foundation relationships including preparation and staffing of board meetings, execution of grantmaking strategies, coordination with non-profit applicants and grantees, working with members of the Philanthropic Services team to ensure all project deliverables are performed at superior quality, on-time and exceed the expectations of the client.
- Collaborates with Associate Vice President to provide grant proposal evaluation and due diligence.
- Collaborates with Manager to oversee client checking accounts and administer funding requests.
- Reviews and prepares detailed summaries of grant proposals for review by clients.
- Maintains grants management database and client management software to track and record all grant request details.
- Conducts research and analysis to assist clients.
- Attends site visits and meetings with non-profit partners as appropriate.
- Collaborates closely with clients and nonprofit organizations to create alignment around common goals.
- Stays current on trends in the non-profit and philanthropic sector.
- Responsible for grant evaluations and process reporting in coordination with non-profit organizations.
- Collaborates with Philanthropic Services team to develop and adapt processes and procedures for the Philanthropic Services Division.
- Performs any other necessary project work and duties to meet the needs of the clients.
- Participates in and actively exemplifies Ignite Core Principles:
- Solutions Driven – Our work is rooted in our ability to develop solutions to help our clients achieve their philanthropic goals. We take the lead in co-creating the path to our clients’ success.
- Adaptive – Building the right strategy requires us to remain humble, so we may continually learn and adapt. We embrace listening, questioning, and experimentation as the foundation of our adaptive mindset.
- Team-Centered – Philanthropy is a team sport – no single individual has the knowledge and experience to successfully navigate all aspects of our work. We thrive by taking a team approach, ensuring that we bring diverse tools and talent to successfully tackle our clients’ complex challenges.
- Service Minded – Through the generosity of our clients, we serve our community by maximizing the power of giving. We lead by example, personifying the spirit of the sector we serve.
- A minimum of 5-7+ years of successful client management experience, professional experience in a non-profit environment and/or proven related client management experience, with progressive increase in responsibilities throughout career tenure.
- Ability to proactively manage multiple client projects at the same time, with minimal direction, and successfully meet project goals and deadlines.
- Exceptional writing and communications skills.
- Desire to work in a team environment to achieve objectives and effectively anticipate client expectations.
- Ability to earn trust, confidence and respect amongst internal team, clients, and external stakeholders.
- Strong critical and strategic thinking, quantitative analysis and research skills.
- Strong presentation skills and display of professionalism.
- Keen attention to detail and commitment to deliver work of the highest quality.
- Discretion and good judgment when working with confidential information.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office.
- Grants management software experience, Blackbaud preferred.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Ignite Philanthropy offers a competitive comprehensive employee benefits package:
- The salary range for the Program Officer position is $45,000 - $65,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
- Ignite offers the following benefits to employees:
- Elective health, dental and vision insurance (75% of the employee’s premium is employer paid).
- Short- and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance (100% of the premium is employer-paid).
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a 4% employer contribution that employees may elect to participate in the quarter immediately following their hire date.
- Discretionary annual bonus and profit-sharing contribution.
- Thirteen (13) paid holidays, which includes six (6) business days at the end of the calendar year.
- 120 hours of paid leave (PTO) used for vacations and planned absences.
- Flexible Discretionary Leave used for short-term health-related or personal absences.
- Eight (8) hours of Volunteer Leave used for volunteering in the community.
- Twelve (12) weeks of partially paid Parental Leave.
- Ignite provides the following stipends to offset employee’s costs:
- Home Office/Technology Stipend - $400/one-time, upon hire
- Parking Stipend - $80/month
- Phone/Internet Stipend - $50/month
- Wellness Reimbursement - $200/annually
- Ignite is fully committed to employees’ growth and offers opportunities for continued professional development.
- Ignite supports a flexible work environment. However, Ignite’s business and client needs will need to be supported through attending in-person meetings, as well as completing office-based projects.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage a diverse pool of candidates to apply. Ignite Philanthropy is fully committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications early. To apply, please complete the online application at https://ignitephilanthropy.bamboohr.com/jobs/. Candidates are required to submit a resume and cover letter to be considered.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service