Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
This job is archived
(Archived) Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications
Last Updated: 5/30/23
Who are we?CincyTech is a venture capital firm supporting entrepreneurs to build high-potential companies, from concept to commercialization and scale. We are drawn to undeniably better ideas led by one-of-a-kind visionaries who have the drive, foresight, and agility to persist and achieve success. Our areas of interest are broad, including software, digital services, healthcare, consumer, and other high growth domains.
CincyTech, as one of the most active seed funds in the Midwest, is supported by Ohio Third Frontier and local partners, including our founding partners, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, the University of Cincinnati, and the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber. Since 2007 we have invested in more than 80 seed-stage high growth opportunities, and support an active portfolio of 30 companies.
Job SummaryThe Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications is responsible for leading the overall marketing plan for CincyTech and reports to the Partner responsible for marketing. This includes the design and continual refinement of how we choose to activate the brand, with the primary goal of strengthening awareness of CincyTech and our role in helping to build big-impact companies. In addition, this role will serve as a marketing resource for our portfolio companies as they look to broaden their respective marketing programs, find talent, reach audiences that matter, build media relations and strategically grow their businesses.
The successful candidate will have a strong foundational marketing background, with experience in marketing plan development and execution across a variety of digital and traditional platforms. Ability to utilize new tools, refine your own work and build new skill sets while on the job is critical. The successful candidate will be a quick study, with an elevated bias for action in a fun, fast-paced environment. This position requires the ability to understand the application of technical innovations in biology and software and then communicate this to a general audience. Therefore, strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are critical.
- Design, execute, and optimize the CincyTech marketing plan. In alignment with CincyTech leadership, run the plan against strategic marketing priorities across the channels that are most resonant with our main stakeholders: founders, investors, and partners.
- Analysis. Lead the analysis of what’s working / not working across the marketing plan. Drive recommendations to strengthen our programming, leveraging available data to help guide our direction.
- Public relations. Create relationships with relevant media outlets which are critical to our work; set regular cadence of external communications that raises the visibility and knowledge of the organization and highlights its accomplishments. Also support portfolio companies’ PR efforts at a high level, when needed.
- Social media. Lead the overall strategy and execution of CincyTech’s social media plan from strategy through to content development, execution, and analysis. Lead from both an organic and paid perspective where needed.
- Website management and SEO strategy. Lead any required website re-design work and maintenance, and manage all content and SEO strategy to drive a current, effective “front porch”.
- Content creation. Collaborate internally to create compelling content and thought leadership, including articles, blog posts, case studies, and videos/podcasts.
- Thought leadership. Identify and pursue events and speaking opportunities for team members and when applicable, portfolio company leaders.
- Investor outreach. Develop and execute a strategy to engage key investor and partner stakeholders. Lead the development and deployment of all investor and portfolio newsletters and associated social media integration.
- Events. Lead the planning for CincyTech events, including 1 larger event and 2-3 smaller events per year as well as occasional ad hoc and virtual events.
- Build a bench. Build and manage a team of creative services outsourced providers to supplement the skill sets and deliverables needed for the organization and its portfolio companies.
- Budget. Assist with marketing expense budget each year and work with finance to ensure execution within the budget or latest plan parameters.
Areas of Expertise
- Strong business writing and copywriting skills (blog content, social media content, press releases).
- Ability to create communications plans and lead communication strategy, from audience definition through to brand or company positioning.
- Media relations. Ability to form relationships with journalists and navigate media channels and PR opportunities, recommending the channels and outlets that make strategic sense for a given initiative or goal, and then execute.
- Project management. Ability to manage timelines and milestones effectively, communicating status updates to CincyTech leadership and driving projects to completion.
- Analysis. Ability to analyze the effectiveness of a given marketing tactic and overall marketing plan, leveraging available data. A high degree of flexibility to shift and optimize our plan, investing in what’s working most effectively.
- Agency and third-party management. Ability to leverage and lead partners from strategy through to execution. This could include partners across PR, design, or digital channels.
- Reaction time. Ability to recognize and deliver on same-day or same-week turnaround times to optimize our marketing and communication plan.
- Strong eye for design and the ability to execute. Ability to operate within Canva to build immediate need design collateral (one-pagers, portfolio company spotlights, fund report covers, etc).
- BA or BS degrees, with 5-7 years experience in marketing communications.
- Creative self-starter, personally adept at modern marketing methods and tools with a passion for staying on the front foot as it relates to trends and opportunities to elevate overall marketing execution and effectiveness.
- Team player with high “EQ” – intellectually curious, collaborates with others inside and outside the organization with respect and integrity, open to constructive feedback, makes others better.
- Based in Cincinnati, OH. Minimal travel is necessary.
BenefitsCincyTech offers an intelligent, dynamic and progressive work culture.
- High engagement from local institutions and regional community
- Dedicated team with diverse backgrounds
- Competitive benefits
- Committed to diversity, equity and inclusion
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
CincyTech helps to transform innovation into high growth life science and digital companies in southwest Ohio. Our team provides advice and capital to entrepreneurs, helps research institutions commercialize technology through startups, and catalyzes investment from individuals and institutions into regional companies. One of the most active seed funds in the Midwest, CincyTech is supported by Ohi...