Legal Counsel - Real Estate
$100,000 – $120,000 • yearly
Fifth Third Bank
Attorney supporting Enterprise Workplace Services (“EWS”) which is responsible for executing the Bank’s strategic plans for all branches and offices.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide legal support to the Bank’s Enterprise Workplace Services (“EWS”) group spanning from site acquisition through facilities maintenance.
- Provide strategic and effective legal and business advice to support the Bank’s overall real estate plans and priorities.
- Routinely review and negotiate office and retail leases (as both landlord and tenant), lease amendments, renewals, purchase and sale agreements (as buyer and seller), ATM agreements, license agreements, and other ancillary real estate documents.
- Knowledge and experience negotiating complex ground leases.
- Routinely advise on interpretation questions related to lease agreements/disputes.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across EWS (construction, design, facilities maintenance) and across the company, including insurance and finance partners.
- Work as a collaborative member of the legal team to support and assist in the management and resolution of disputes related to real estate transactions.
- Ability to manage outside counsel.
- Ability to handle large transaction volume and assist EWS in meeting critical dates.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience preferred.
- J.D degree from accredited law school required
- Admission to a state bar.
- Exceptional organization skills, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to interface successfully with senior management.
- Ability to handle a variety of internal client demands.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to spot issues, assess risk, think critically, and problem solve.
- Research capabilities.
- Basic understanding of bank regulatory framework is preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service