The Individual Health Insurance Plan (IHIP) Advisor you will assist individuals in understanding their coverages and selecting the right products, services and best solutions to meet their personal health needs. As an IHIP Advisor, you will provide full lifecycle customer service and sales where you could accept inbound or might be calling out to provide follow-up services to meet established quarterly and annual growth objectives.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and RetireMed compliance rules, policies, procedures and programs.
- Creates and fosters a work environment that is consistent with the mission, vision and values of RetireMed.
- Complies with RetireMed infection control and safety policies.
- Act as a trusted advisor and guide the lead through each step of their transition to IHIP enrollment.
- Evaluate client and lead eligibility, enrollment or redetermination status.
- Stay abreast and effectively communicate enrollment transaction types. Familiar with CMS’ additional files and transactions to support clients with auto renewals.
- Familiar with the direct enrollment process and eligibility.
- Understands and has the ability to navigate the application process during special enrollment periods.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills while reviewing premiums and finding the best plan for the client or lead.
- Can communicate effectively the process for termination for non-payment of premiums and the related grace periods.
- Collaborate with IHIP Manager to address client requested terminations. Monitor aging -off terminations and client attrition to department sales goals.
- Works collaboratively with IHIP Manager to reconcile enrollment data reconciliation.
- Works with IHIP Manger and /or Accounting to resolve enrollment and payment discrepancies.
- Be familiar with the process of addressing Individual Reported Unauthorized Enrollments and fraudulent enrollments as well as the Individual Complaints Alleging Unauthorized Enrollments process.
- Responsible for timely data entry into the CRM and other enrollment systems.
- Engage and educate leads about IHIP options.
- Schedule and conduct face-to-face and telephone appointments with leads in a professional and courteous manner.
- Proactively manage and organize sales pipeline by following up within a set timeframe on all assigned leads including voicemails and emails.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Individual Health Insurance Plan program and carriers.
- Skilled in the execution of assessing the eligibility, enrollment process and redetermination process for the IHIP.
- Highly skilled record keeper, fully complete and/or update all critical CRM data entry (doctors, prescriptions, target and projected IHIP effective dates) accurately and in a detailed, timely manner to ensure proper pipeline organization, document all conversations and activities in CRM.
- Extensive knowledge of IHIP products.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Ability to use technology, systems and external websites to perform basic sales operations.
- Receives calls daily from groups having specific problems or needing immediate assistance as point of escalation.
- Leadership skills and team building initiatives to lead and grow a team of IHIP Advisors.
- Ability to lead IHIP Advisors to attain sales goals and objectives.
- Work closely with Sales Executive to coordinate a smooth transition from initial sale to proper ongoing service for new clients to realize the full life cycle of client enrollment.
- Ensure all documentation and enrollment forms are complete and submitted in a timely manner.
- Certification and Licensure Accountability, stay current on all training, licensing, certifications, appointments, carrier and product knowledge.
- Serve as a RetireMed ambassador internally and externally.
- Ability to lead internal/external training to explain features, advantages, and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
- Provides coaching, development and performance management.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
- Sales techniques, and tactics to grow the book of business. Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.
- Call on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions or changes.
MINIMUM SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A valid health insurance license (NPN required)
- An up-to-date Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM) is preferred
- Minimum of 3 state licenses prior to starting with RetireMed
- Sales orientation with proven closing skills; prior experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with ACA; FFM training and certification
- Strong technology and computer knowledge (MS Office, CRM, the Internet, etc.)
- Accountability for achieving both quarterly sales targets and other business objectives.
- Professional demeanor, positive attitude, and team player; embraces change.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and time management skills; able to multi-task.
- Submit to and pass appropriate background checks.