The Individual Health Insurance Plan (IHIP) Manager is at the center of ensuring the successful delivery of service to our clients and oversees a team of IHIP Advisors who manages daily health insurance operations including sales, service and redetermination. The Individual Health Insurance Manager is licensed to sell health insurance plans and determines how RetireMed’s administrative processes need to operate to best support our IHIP clients. The IHIP Manager will partner with our internal operations teams to provide the best service experience for existing and new clients.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and RetireMed compliance rules, policies, procedures and programs.
- Creates and fosters a work environment that is consistent with the mission, vision and values of RetireMed.
- Complies with RetireMed infection control and safety policies.
- Act as an experienced IHIP Manager and guide the IHIP Team towards client sales, service and redetermination goals.
- Meet and exceed established quarterly and annual Ohio growth objectives.
- Develop partnerships with employers, community organizations and other strategic partners.
- Monitor and review client and lead inquiries to understand their needs, cultivate relationships, and determine when they will be a candidate for IHIP and the potential eligibility for Medicare.
- Engage and educate IHIP Advisors, clients and leads about IHIP options.
- Oversee the scheduling of face-to-face and telephone appointments with IHIP Advisors
- Proactively manage and organize sales pipeline by following up within a set timeframe on all assigned leads including voicemails and emails.
- Responsible for submitting a weekly sales, referral and pipeline productivity summary to the Executive Leadership Team.
- Ensure that existing clients are retained by providing superior service for customer satisfaction.
- Accomplish mutual corporate responsibilities and goals by partnering with support departments.
- Conducts annual employee benefits meetings and benefit fairs, soliciting and communicating the coverage available or enrolled in.
- Prospects current group for benefit upgrades and additional lines of coverage, driving growth to current Book of Business and maintaining retention goals. Proactively develop and executive a client attrition plan
MINIMUM SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A valid health insurance license (NPN required)
- An up-to-date Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM) is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 state licenses prior to starting with RetireMed
- Sales orientation with proven closing skills; prior experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with ACA; FFM training and certification
- Strong technology and computer knowledge (MS Office, CRM, the Internet, etc.)
- Accountability for achieving both quarterly sales targets and other business objectives.
- Professional demeanor, positive attitude, and team player; embraces change.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and time management skills; able to multi-task.
- Submit to and pass appropriate background checks.