TWB is seeking a Senior Oracle Software Developer to join our team! This position is responsible for developing, maintaining, enhancing, and implementing software applications to support business objectives. This role participates in all phases of the application development lifecycle and supports existing custom applications. A strong understanding of Oracle databases, development tools, and EBS modules is essential for success.
The Senior Oracle Software Developer will report directly to the Software Engineering Manager, joining a team of talented software development professionals. They will be responsible for the timely delivery of work products based on commitment dates and service level agreements. This role requires a dynamic individual who can effectively assist with new application development projects and support existing applications, ensuring they align with business objectives and IT standards. They will also be involved in problem-solving, performance tuning, and technical support.
The Senior Oracle Software Developer position will be remote with a flexible expectation of periodic visits to the Monroe, Michigan office.
TWB, Tailor Welded Blanks, is a joint venture of Worthington and BAO Steel Company. The company developed the tailor welded blank market in North America and is the leading manufacturer of tailor welded products in North America. We support JIT production and services to the automotive industry, making vehicles stronger and lighter which also makes them safer and more fuel efficient! TWB is committed to a long-standing philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule and takes pride in the accomplishments of our employees in facilities across Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Canada, and Mexico.
- Takes full-stack ownership by consistently writing production-ready and testable code
- Consistently creates optimal design adhering to architectural best practices; considers scalability, reliability and performance of systems/contexts affected when defining technical designs
- Makes sound design/coding decisions, keeping customer experience at the forefront
- Conducts code reviews to guide engineering best practices and compliance with development procedures
- Performs failure analysis, proposes design changes, and encourages operational improvements
- Exhibits relentless focus on software reliability engineering standards embedded into development standards
- Update and communicate with the Lead/Manager of all related activities, issues, and risks
- Manage and work on multiple concurrent deliverables at various development and completion stages
- Perform all additional duties and responsibilities based on the direction and guidance of the supervisor
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 8 years of IT experience working with application systems for a medium to large company
- In-depth SQL, PL/SQL product knowledge
- Solid understanding of the Oracle database to deliver the highest performance in scripts and applications
- Experience in developing Interfaces, Customizations, Conversions, Extensions, Forms (10g, 11g, 12c), Reports (10g, 11g, 12c), and BI Publisher
- Experience developing complex integration orchestrations using Oracle Integration Cloud, REST, and SOAP APIs; technical skills should include OIC, JSON, XML, REST, SOAP, etc.
- In-depth system and data integration knowledge, especially with ERP, MES, Cloud, and other business systems
- Understanding of API, SDK, and other integration methods
- Demonstrated use of Oracle methodologies such as OUM or AIM
- Working knowledge of DevOps principles, tools, and CI/CD
- Proficiency in creating comprehensive documentation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet performance metrics, take initiative, and further team goals in a remote environment
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley PLC
- OPC Servers, Kepware
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and integration with business systems
- Understanding of Docker, containerization, and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Jenkins, Git, Terraform, Chef, Ansible etc.
Click here to apply