Join our HR team as a Human Resources Assistant! At Great Parks, our team members work together to preserve and protect natural resources and to provide outdoor recreation and education in order to enhance the quality of life for present and future generations.
As the Human Resources Assistant, you will provide administrative support to the Chief of Human Resources and the HR team. These duties will include various administrative tasks, assisting with events for the agency, providing support in talent acquisition, the new hire onboarding process, and talent development. All while providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
The successful candidate will:
- Maintains confidentiality of confidential and sensitive information.
- Provides a warm welcome and excellent customer service to employees, candidates, and members of the community.
- Provides administrative support to the Chief of Human Resources.
- Prepares purchase orders for the human resource office and processes invoices.
- Assists with various administrative duties that support the employment process.
- Answers and directs departmental phone calls.
- Assists with the new hire onboarding process; creates packets; makes “Welcome calls” to new hires; assists at new hire onboarding meetings.
- Completes data entry of new hire information.
- Assists with the posting of positions on the Applicant Tracking System and on other job boards.
- Completes status changes.
- Schedules and organizes appointments.
- Schedule’s locations for meetings and programs including room set up, audio visual needs, refreshments and supplies.
- Proofreads and types up documents and correspondence produced by the department.
- May process required paperwork for new hires, employee transfers, and changes in job classification, salary increases, and other related employment matters.
- May assist with preparation of human resource reports such as attendance, new hire, and turnover reports.
- Receives and distributes office mail.
- Maintains employee files and records and completes all filing in a timely manner.
- Maintains Employee Services forms and updates as necessary.
- Performs job duties in accordance with Great Parks’ policies, procedures, and performance expectations.
- Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and punctual attendance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Works outside of normal schedule as required; flexibility to work occasional Saturday mornings.
An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of an acceptable qualification is:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree in human resources, communications or related field preferred; 1-3 years of administrative experience required.
One year of Human Resources administrative assistant experience preferred.
One year of general office administrative experience, creating purchase orders, processing invoices, preferred.
One year experience with Human Resource Information System (HRIS) preferred.
One year of experience Accounting/Finance software/d preferred.
Ability to demonstrate effective business writing skills preferred.
Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The ideal candidate will have excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
State Motor Vehicle Operator’s License that meets GPHC current carrier guidelines.
We offer an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance; paid vacation, 11 holidays and sick time; enrollment in Ohio Public Employees Retirement System and free or discounted use of many Great Parks of Hamilton County recreational activities.
Great Parks is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or any other classification protected under applicable law.