Join our HR team as a part-time Human Resources Assistant! At Great Parks, our team members work together to preserve and protect natural resources and to provide outdoor recreation and education in order to enhance the quality of life for present and future generations.
This part-time position will work 28 hours a week and there can be some flexibility on what the days and the shifts will be.
As the Human Resources Administrative Assistant, you will provide administrative support to the Chief of Human Resources and the HR team. These duties will include various administrative tasks, assisting with events for the agency, providing support in talent acquisition, the new hire onboarding process, and talent development. All while providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Provides a warm welcome and excellent customer service.
- Provides administrative support to the Chief of Human Resources.
- Prepares purchase orders for the human resource office and processes invoices.
- Assists with various administrative duties that support the employment process.
- Answers and directs departmental phone calls.
- Assists with the new hire onboarding process; creates packets; makes “Welcome calls” to new hires; assists at new hire onboarding meetings.
- Completes data entry of new hire information.
- Assists with the posting of positions on the Applicant Tracking System and on other job boards.
- Completes status changes.
- Schedules and organizes appointments.
- Schedules locations for meetings and programs including room set up, audio visual needs, refreshments and supplies.
- Proofreads and types up documents and correspondence produced by the department.
- Processes required paperwork for new hires, employee transfers, and changes in job classification, salary increases, and other related employment matters.
- May assist with preparation of human resource reports such as attendance, new hire, and turnover reports.
- Receives and distributes office mail.
- Files reports, records, correspondence, and other documentation into an established filing system in compliance of our record retention schedule.
- Maintains Employee Services forms and updates as necessary.
- Performs job duties in accordance with Great Parks’ policies, procedures, and performance expectations.
- Maintains confidentiality of confidential and sensitive information.
- Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and punctual attendance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Works outside of normal schedule as required; flexibility to work occasional Saturday mornings.
An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of an acceptable qualification is:
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Administrative skills required such as filing and working with Microsoft Office products.
One year of general office administrative experience, creating purchase orders, processing invoices, preferred.
One year of Human Resources administrative assistant experience preferred.
Experience working with a Human Resources Information System (HRIS) preferred.
The ideal candidate will have excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
State Motor Vehicle Operator’s License that meets GPHC current carrier guidelines.
Benefits include membership in Ohio Public Employees Retirement System and free or discounted use of many Great Parks of Hamilton County recreational activities.
Great Parks is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or any other classification protected under applicable law.