The Sr. Manager, Development Programs will lead and drive strategies enabling organizational performance by implementing programs focused on continuous learning and leadership development at all levels: College/early career, managers, senior executives, and development for high-potential talent. Leads efforts to identify and grow leader capabilities across the bank to build talent pipeline and close business performance gaps. Provides oversight of the development and deployment of blended learning solutions supporting leaders, managers, college program participants, and individual contributors.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank’s risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for designing and leading development programs that cultivate, engage, and develop talent at all levels, driving clear alignment with identified gaps arising from Talent Management activities.
• Directs efforts to identify and assess leader capabilities across all leader audiences. Ensures curricula, experience, tools and resources support leadership and professional capability models across all leadership levels.
• Develops strong partnerships with executive stakeholders, Human Capital leadership, Senior HRBPs, Talent Management & Development partners, and L&D team members to assess organizational developmental needs and translate talent and business performance gaps into learning & development solutions.
• Leads change management and business readiness in adopting and transitioning development programs.
• Provides oversight for Bank’s rotational College Leadership Programs. Defines development strategy for programs; aligns program design with organizational needs.
• Works collaboratively with Data Analytics, and other internal and external partners to measure the effectiveness of learning and development programs through set milestones and rigorous evaluation strategies that drive improvements and effectively communicates the results to stakeholders.
• Ensures quality and consistency in delivery of existing curricula, tools, experience & resources and collaborates with TM&D partners, and external vendors on the design & development of new programs.
• Manages relationships with external vendors, partners with Sourcing and Vendor Risk Management in the selection and contract negotiations for vendors.
• Develops the business cases for investment in curricula, assessments, experiences, tools, and resources to support development programs.
• Stays abreast of best practices in organizational and leadership development to identify opportunities to enhance programs and close targeted development gaps.
• Develops and implements a communication strategy for Development solutions for all stakeholders.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for providing employees timely, candid and constructive feedback; developing employees to their full potential and providing challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth; developing the appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning; recognizing and rewarding employees for accomplishments.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree desired in a related field.
• 10+ years of leading development/leadership programs in a corporate environment.
• Strong understanding of adult learning skills and concepts and has a strong skill translating learning theories into development solutions that create practice, skill acquisition/building and create the appropriate climate for performance and behavioral change.
• Proven ability to lead, develop, and execute on strategic plans spanning organizational boundaries and driving clear outcomes for the enterprise.
• Client -focused, ensuring that client needs, and improved business results are at the forefront and foundation of solutions and processes.
• Proactive relationship building ability coupled with strong interpersonal and influence skills. Expert at building cross-functional partnerships.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated experience in communicating with business leaders, including facilitation.
• Experience conducting needs analyses and measuring the impact/results of the programs are required.
• Ability to influence senior leaders and build advocacy for leadership development throughout the organization.
• Ability to build and effectively manage vendor partnerships/contracts.
• Execution oriented, able to work independently and take initiative to get things done.
• Uses strong organizational skills while working on and completing multiple tasks at one time. Project Management knowledge.