Responsible for enterprise-wide execution of strategy, processes, systems and tools related to Performance Management and Development Planning. Collaborates with key stakeholders to assure alignment with business strategies and Human Capital priorities.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads Performance Management and Development Planning for the enterprise, to include:
- Develops strategy and influences across the footprint to execute against the strategy
- Reviews current state against desired future state; determines required shifts in approach, process, system and tools to continue the shift from an evaluative culture to a coaching culture
- Evolves approach, process, system and tools to align with the Bank's strategic direction, regulatory requirements, and continuing push for simplification and making Human Capital "easy to do business with"
- Designs, plans and champions the change process related to areas of primary responsibility.
- Executes the process for effectiveness, efficiency, and ease of implementation by managers, HRBPs, and employees.
- Works with key partners to evaluate the process for continuous improvement.
- Assures alignment with HC strategy and stays close to HC leadership and HC Business Consulting to assure continued alignment
- Works in collaboration with key stakeholders, including but not limited to: HC Business Consulting in both Bancorp and the Region, HC Business Controls, Total Rewards (especially critical for the Pay for Performance process), HR Shared Services & Operations, Corporate Communications, HC Analytics, Talent Acquisition and Engagement, Talent Management, Learning & Development, and Fifth Third business leaders. Collaboration is essential to developing quality processes and gaining buy-in.
- Drives integration of the process with other HC processes, such as Leadership Development, Coaching, Talent Management, Feedback and assessments, etc.
- Creates value-added and simple tools, systems and processes, and makes smart tradeoffs to minimize complexity and maximize value.
- Partners with HR Shared Services & Operations to evolve the system to better support the process; is the expert on how to execute the process within the system; tests system changes to assure that changes work and work well; participates in regular meetings with HR Shared Services & Operations to ensure open communication and resolution of issues.
- Is the spokesperson for the process; the trusted "go-to" person for the HC community. Trains HR Business Partners and Specialists on the process, system and tools.
- Works with the Performance and Talent Consultant to manage the standard goal process and approach.
No direct reports at this time; must be able to lead through influence.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree required; Masters in related area preferred.
- HR Business Partner experience preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Human Resources.
- Complex project management experience with strong organizational skills with ability to manage and balance multiple tasks and priorities.
- Change management capabilities with a commitment to understanding and enhancing the customer’s experience.
- Specific skills/knowledge in performance management, competencies and development planning or demonstrated learning agility coupled with a strong commitment to develop expertise in these areas.
- Track record of success in highly ambiguous situations.
- High Emotional Intelligence with the ability to partner, influence and interact well with all organizational levels, departments and markets.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.