Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Cincinnati
The housekeeping position is responsible for maintaining the high standard of cleanliness throughout the House. They will be responsible for cleaning hallways, floors, and emptying trash. They will also be responsible for cleaning common areas and laundry/linen service as needed. As part of the housekeeping team, this role may include other general cleaning duties, including cleaning rooms and/or other project work. The housekeeper will identify and communicate any maintenance or safety issues. The housekeeper will monitor and stock and maintain inventory of supplies including cleaning supplies and linens, and will give guidance and support to House volunteers.
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
- You are reliable and proud of your work.
- You are meticulous about detail and accuracy while working effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- You enjoy building relationships with a diverse group of people.
- You have an upbeat and professional demeanor.
- You are timely, great at prioritizing, and multi-tasking.
- You have good communication skills.
- You are highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Have a service mentality.
- You want to love what you do and make an impact!
- At least 1-year related experience, including experience with a variety of cleaning products and tools.
- Strong time management skills and proven history of workplace punctuality.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Attention to detail and meticulous use of proper safety procedures.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
Lead with our Core Values (Collaboration, Gratitude, Integrity, Inclusion, Joy)
Reliable, Attention to detail, Flexible; Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; Self-starter; Effective verbal communication skills; Compassionate; Personable and professional demeanor; Team player.
This job operates in a hotel like environment to provide a temporary home to families with critically ill children. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position also requires the ability to use a step stool or ladder and to reach overhead for cleaning and dusting.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds. This position requires the ability to operate (push/puss) mechanical cleaning equipment including vacuums, floor scrubbers, steam cleaners and similar devices. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Our House is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We are looking to fill a full -time position, with availability to work days, evenings and weekends.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service