- You are reliable and proud of your work.
- You are meticulous about detail and accuracy while working effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- You enjoy building relationships with a diverse group of people.
- You have an upbeat and professional demeanor.
- You are timely, great at prioritizing, and multi-tasking.
- You have good communication skills.
- You are highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Have a service mentality.
- You want to love what you do and make an impact!
- 1-3 years culinary experience
- Diploma or degree in the culinary field preferred
- Food handler and ServSafe certifications preferred
- Provide a high-quality experience for our volunteers, donors, and guest families which includes excellent customer service
- Serve as primary back-up to Taste of Hope Chef
- Lead with our Core Values (Collaboration, Gratitude, Integrity, Inclusion, Joy)
- Assist the Chef to execute a safe and healthy food service program that will deliver quality, variety, service, cleanliness and value for Ronald McDonald House guests, volunteers and staff (including internal house events, functions and meetings).
- Manage and enforce all food safety and sanitation requirements and practices to maintain high standards of quality control, hygiene, health and safety.
- Follows established recipes and food serving guidelines set by the chef to ensure all allergy food safety.
- Coordinate and oversee the operation of our kitchen areas.
- Provide direction, coordination and supervision to volunteer meal groups.
- Welcome volunteers, complete registration and acknowledge gifts.
- Provide highest quality customer service.
- Ensure high quality volunteer experience working in close conjunction with the Volunteer Manager.
- Work with the Chef to utilize donated foods and purchased product.
- Work with the Chef to build relationships with food vendors to obtain best prices (reduced or donated).
- Work closely with Volunteer and Operations Coordinator to ensure menu options are communicated to potential meal group volunteers.
- Oversee and participate in the safe preparation and serving of food with attention to portion size control and timely service.
- Provide allergy-safe alternative meals in addition to the main meal for guests with specific serious allergies/major dietary restrictions.
- Help maintain an inventory supply system to stock pantries and minimize waste, utilizing first in/first out procedures.
- Help to maintain the cleanliness, sanitation and equipment maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
- Direct, assign and schedule daily Ronald McDonald House kitchen/host volunteer duties for efficient use of labor utilizing daily and weekly cleaning schedules.
- Stay current in the field by pursuing opportunities for professional development.
- Comply with RMHC policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, fryer, mixer and commercial grade knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire and noise. This job also operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
This is a full-time position eligible for benefits. Flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.