Department/Unit: Adolescent Inpatient Psychiatry
Hours/Shift: Full Time - 40 hours/week, Day and Evening Shift
Benefit Eligibility: Full Time Benefits Eligible
Expected Starting Salary Range: $ 47.04 - $60.09
At Cincinnati Children’s, we come to work with one goal: to make children’s health better. We believe in a holistic team approach, both in caring for patients and their families, and in advancing science and discovery. We strive to do better and find energy and inspiration in our shared purpose. If you want to be the best you can be, you can do it at Cincinnati Children’s.
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Has Been Named The #1 Pediatric Hospital in the Nation! – US News and World Report 2023
Additional Awards and Recognitions:
- Awarded 4th Magnet re-designation by ANCC in 2023
- On Forbes Magazine 2023 list of America’s Best Employers for Diversity
- On Forbes Magazine 2023 list of America’s Best Large Employers
- Great Place to Work™ Certified in 2023
- An LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality Top Performer in 2022 by The Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
“Our nurses at Cincinnati Children’s work from dawn to dusk and through the starlit hours to deliver the best possible patient care. When parents bring their children through our doors their focus is on one thing – the best outcome for their kids. The nurses at Cincinnati Children’s help them reach the goal with dignity, respect and lots of smiles. Such quality care is why we were designated a Magnet institution back in 2009. It is an honor to be recognized for our excellence in nursing; it sets the bar higher for what we need to continually achieve." Barb Tofani - Senior Vice President of Patient Services
Working as a Clinical Manager in Psychiatry at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center:
- The Clinical Manager will provide programmatic leadership of the clinical component in their assigned areas to ensure quality patient care outcomes by implementing goals, standards, policies, educational programs, procedures and practices in alignment with the strategic plan. They will participate in the development, coaching, and evaluation of department personnel to mentor and provide learning and development opportunities for direct reports and ensure that shared governance and shared decision making are integrated with leadership practices. Demonstrate skill with interpersonal communication along with presentations, written materials and through group facilitation. Holds self and others accountable for mutual professional expectations and outcomes.
- Managers will maintain knowledge of regulatory requirements and accreditation standards and consistently assure quality and adherence to standards by utilizing auditing and quality assurance approaches. Partner with department leaders of Center for Professional Excellence (CPE) and Accreditation Services to improve staff performance, compliance and documentation.
- Serve as a point of contact and resource for the daily operations to address problem trends to develop, plan and implement solutions that improve processes and workflow for both individuals and systems. Provide oversight and evaluation of clinical practices, patient outcomes and all practices associated with safety and quality patient care. The Clinical Manager will be competent to support patient care delivery in their area as needed.
- Project Management
- Provide leadership for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, and completion of specific projects.
- Financial Management
- Engage with the day to operations that impact productivity. Analyze and monitor financial performance and assist in the reporting of financial results. Evaluate variances, determine underlying causes, and establish proposed solutions.
Comprehensive job description available upon requestQualifications:
- 3 years of work experience in Nursing
- Ohio license of the relevant clinical discipline
- Charge Nurse experience and/or experience leading clinical teams
- Strong communication skills, excellent written and verbal communication
Cincinnati Children's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and treasures Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We are committed to creating an environment of dignity and respect for all our employees, patients, and families (EEO/AA).