Biomed Equipment Tech II
Department/Unit: Clinical Engineering
Shift: 1st Shift/Monday-Friday/7:00AM-3:30PM
Hours/FTE: 40hrs/Week 1.0 FTE
Expected Starting Salary Range: $26.01 - $32.20
At Cincinnati Children’s, we come to work with one goal: to make children’s health better. We believe in a holistic team approach, both in caring for patients and their families, and in advancing science and discovery. We strive to do better and find energy and inspiration in our shared purpose. If you want to be the best you can be, you can do it at Cincinnati Children’s.
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Has Been Named:
- The #1 Pediatric Hospital in the Nation - US News and World Report 2023
- One of four Medical Centers making the list of the 2022 Glassdoor Best Places to Work
- An LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality Top Performer in 2022 by The Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
Biomed Equipment Technician Benefits
- Opportunities for advancement including pay increases
- Pension Plans
- 30 PTO Days
- Medical Coverage starting the first day of employment
- Referral bonuses for current employees to help grow our teams
Experience in the service and support of entry-level complexity imaging systems, e.g., Basic Rad and Rad/Fluro, C- Arms and Imaging portables
- Knowledge of entry-level imaging modalities. Basic radiographic and fluoroscopy theory and x-ray physics along with advanced computer systems skills.
- Skill set must include proven ability to understand and diagnose complex systems made up of many sub-systems and modules.
- Understand image quality theory of x-ray, CT, MRI, and Cathlab/Angio devices to ensure their proper operation and continued design performance.
- Knowledge of proper safety procedures in handling and using nuclear isotopes, x-rays, and contrasts when servicing equipment.
Troubleshoot, repair and modify complex equipment, as necessary, to conform with regulatory requirements. Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge of anatomy, physiology, chemistry, biology, and information systems to problem solve equipment issues when presented. Assemble and test any new equipment using appropriate Incoming Inspection criteria. Document, record, and verify the accuracy of all work completed in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) database. Demonstrates the ability to solve service line customer service problems.
Perform validation testing and PMs on a variety of complex clinical equipment and satisfy regulatory compliance criteria, as appropriate for the given type of equipment. Maintain and update, as needed, any service/operator's manuals, technical documentation, and parts inventory requirements in the CE CMMS. Use the CMMS for monitoring and reporting equipment issues. Work with CE Supervisors, Database Administrator, and CE Manager to update/improve information accuracy of the CMMS, as needed. Generate, revise and update any corresponding PM procedures, as needed.
Develop knowledge and technical skills through cross-training, literature review, and participation at department meetings. Maintain knowledge of new and current trends in health care equipment and technologies. Participate in continuing education and training to constantly update technical and personal skills. Actively participate in formal mentoring of assigned, less experienced technicians. Continually develop and improve all aspects of customer service skills.
Work closely with more experienced and/or Lead technicians to advance the level of knowledge regarding customer service skills, equipment repairs, PM's, and improvement of the overall group dynamics within Clinical Engineering. Interface daily with co-workers, clinical staff and other support areas to effectively understand, evaluate, and maintain all equipment and technologies throughout CCHMC. Work with Leadership to address daily departmental concerns. Participate in establishing SMART goals and job requirements, while performing duties at the desired level of competency. Participate in the improvement of organizational performance by recommending areas or approaches for improvement, performing new/updated procedures, collecting critical data, and providing input to departmental discussions. Work within the CE department coverage scenario by using a variation of shift rotations, if necessary, to complete required work.
Respects patient rights and the handling of confidential information per CCHMC policies. Understands, adheres to and models CCHMC's Core Standards, both organizationally and within the CE department. Demonstrate familiarity with regulatory/compliance requirements for CMS, OSHA, NFPA, TJC, and other relevant agencies. Ensure that work areas are organized and provide a safe, accessible, effective and efficient environment for employees, patients and families. Calls attention to any unsafe conditions or practices witnessed or identified to departmental leadership. Attend required CCHMC training sessions, including MRI safety, radiation safety, laboratory safety, Safety College, and OSHA. Compliance with all Infection Control policies and procedures is mandatory. Documents work thoroughly and in a timely manner. Performs any other duties, as assigned.Qualifications:
- Associate's degree in related field
- 3 years of work experience in a related job discipline
- Academic work aligned with Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation Core Competencies for the Biomedical Equipment Tech, BMET Associate Degree, Military Training
- BMET Certification
- Specific manufacturer training on imaging modalities plus 2 years’ experience in advanced imaging service. (Manufacturer training must be recent and specific to CCHMC equipment).