Patient Care Assistant (PCA, STNA, CNA)
$15.00 – $20.63 • hourly
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
"This isn't just your job - it is your calling. Driven by care and backed by science, we can help you answer that call for every family, every child, and every future."
Cincinnati Children's is an internationally renowned, world-class medical center! You're invited to join our team to begin your journey in achieving a career that makes you feel fulfilled.
- Named an LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Top Performer in 2020 by The Human Rights Campaign
- Named to Forbes 2021 list of America's Best Employers for Diversity
- Ranked by Newsweek as among the "World's Best Hospitals 2021"
- Ranked by Glassdoor as one of only four hospitals on the "Best Places to Work 2022 List"
As a PCA/STNA/CNA at Cincinnati Children's, you will enjoy:
- Competitive progressive salary scale with shift differential
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, & vision coverage (effective on your first day), pension plan, and tuition reimbursement (Bachelors and Masters) & expanded tuition program for certain certificate programs
- New Critical Care Building! It added 632,500 square feet and 249 new beds (including 12 ICU overflow beds).
At Cincinnati Children's, we come to work with one goal: to make children's health better. We believe in a team approach, both in caring for patients and their families, and in advancing science and discovery. We strive to do better, and find energy and inspiration in our shared purpose. If you want to be the best you can be, you can do it at Cincinnati Children's.
Patient Care Assistant (PCA)
Assist the professional staff with one or multiple patients as assigned in the delivery of direct and indirect patient care activities.
1:1 Patient Care Assistant (PCA)
Assist the professional staff to provide 1:1 direct observation and re-direction to patients presenting with an immediate safety concern including but not limited to suicidal ideation; flight risk; aggressive behavior; traumatic brain injury; removal of lines/drains/ airways; harmful to self; patients with social concerns; or to specifically monitor patients with an External Cerebrospinal Ventricular Drain (EVD). To provide support and appropriate intervention to patients classified as an Employee Safety Risk (ESR).
PCA/Monitor Tech (NICU & TCC Only)
Monitor patients by way of live video feed and physiologic waveforms. Follow algorithm to notify staff of urgent/emergent situations. Provide direct patient care as delegated by the nurse. Provide environmental support through unit stocking; cleaning and organizing.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• No directly related experience
•Listed on Ohio STNA registry, or CNA in another state; must receive reciprocity within 180 days of hire OR Listed on Ohio Emergency Medical Services Registry
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service