Visual Communications Associate
$39,500 – $46,000 • yearly
Green Umbrella is seeking a full-time Visual Communications Associate to provide graphic design, videography, and video editing talent to the organization. This new role will enable the organization to more effectively market our programmatic work and areas of impact in order to improve sustainability and climate resilience in the Greater Cincinnati region.
About Green Umbrella: Green Umbrella is Greater Cincinnati’s green alliance, uniting people and organizations passionate about improving the region’s environmental health. We connect and collaborate with partners to jump-start solutions that create a strong, sustainable region for all. Green Umbrella brings together businesses, governments, and organizations to help make our region a green, healthy, and beautiful place for people who live here now and for generations to come.
About the role: In order to be successful in this role, we believe a strong candidate will have the following characteristics and experience.
- One to two years’ experience using Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign (Lightroom and Bridge a plus!)
- Experience in creating both print and digital content for a variety of platforms and collateral, such as brochures, flyers, banners, social media, e-newsletters, and website content
- Experience creating content for social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Ability to adopt and create content based on specific brand and/or program voice and technical platform requirements.
- Understanding of branding and visual identity guidelines
- Experience with video editing software such as Premiere or iMovie
- Ability and/or desire to learn video content production skills, such as basic cinematography/videography
- Computer skills, including proficiency in Google Suite
- Ability and/or desire to learn project management systems and software such as Asana
- Detail-oriented and thorough, ability to distill complex ideas into accessible visual graphics
- Commitment to the mission and values of Green Umbrella, and/or lived experience related to environmental justice
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to balance priorities
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills
The Visual Communications Associate will join our growing communications team to help visually communicate the story of Green Umbrella and its 5 in-house programs. This early-career position is both technical and creative, and requires extreme attention to detail and the ability to manage many moving parts across numerous platforms. The ideal applicant for this role will be excited to update and maintain graphic and visual consistency across our organization’s platforms, and lead video content creation on behalf of the organization. This role is heavily geared toward digital marketing and content production and prioritizes graphic design and video editing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Graphic design of reports and e-newsletters (for each program)
- Attendance at events and meetings to take photographs and/or videos for social media, marketing, and other promotional materials
- Videography and video editing
- Social Media content creation
- Oversight of file & image metadata, licensing, and drive organization related to content
Salary & Benefits
- Annual income of $39,500 to $46,000, commensurate with experience and hours worked
- Thirteen paid holidays annually
- 12 vacation days in first year of employment (increases with tenure at organization)
- Accrual of 10 sick days annually
- Health Insurance: 100% of health insurance premium cost for full-time employees is covered (no waiting period), 25% of spouse/family health insurance is covered
- Flex-time policy for overtime hours, flexible work schedule
- Parental Bonding Leave (after 1 year of employment) of up to 4 weeks PTO
If you think you would be a great fit for this job but need a reduced work schedule (30+ hours/ week) please apply anyway and let us know.
Submit a cover letter, portfolio, or samples of previous work, and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please. A portfolio or samples of previous work and/or projects are required as a part of this application. These can be professional, academic, or other work samples. Please submit as a separate PDF or include links to past work clearly in your resume.
At Green Umbrella, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply. Lived experience is equally important as educational experience. We are committed to making sure our applicant pool is diverse and reserve the right to extend the application period or seek additional candidates if it is not.
GREEN UMBRELLA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND VALUES DIVERSITY AT ALL LEVELS OF ITS WORKFORCE.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service