The part-time Staff Accountant provides accounting support to the organization. Reporting to the Controller, the primary responsibilities of this position will be monthly and year-end close and reconciling account balances to detail. These responsibilities are estimated at 15-20 hours per week. Leading candidates will pay outstanding attention to detail, have excellent interpersonal skills, have an ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, work independently, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Prepare and post monthly standard and nonstandard journal entries
• Reconcile month end general ledger balances, such as cash and pledge receivable, with detail
• Interact with other staff, banking personnel and donors to resolve reconciling items
• Oversee proper recording of stock gifts and charitable gift annuities
• Prepare materials required by auditor
• Provide assistance in preparation of annual tax Form 990
• Maintain various detail schedules for pledge write offs, investment market values and classifications, and fixed assets
• Complete tasks with accuracy and timeliness
• Help with special projects as needed
• Attend and assist at ArtsWave’s events, including occasional weekends and evenings, as necessary.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize against stated objectives, and work independently.
• Demonstrated success working collaboratively and cooperatively with peers, across departments, and with other organizations and entities. • Commitment to the mission, vision and values of ArtsWave.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting with a minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Understanding of accounting and data base software applications
• Possess a natural attention to detail
• Proven ability to work in a team environment and to communicate both verbally and in writing
Compensation & Benefits
• Salary range: $20-25 per hour, commensurate with experience.
• Hybrid work environment.
• Paid parking.
• 10 pre-determined paid holidays per calendar year.
• PTO accrual based on years of service. Regular part-time employees are eligible for the proportional PTO allowance based on anticipated hours worked.
With the help of tens of thousands of donors, ArtsWave supports more than 100 arts and community organizations that make our region an amazing place to live. We believe that the arts—music, dance, theatre, museums, festivals, and more —create a vibrant regional economy and a more connected community. ArtsWave is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.
Send resume and cover letter in one document to email@example.com. Please use the words "Staff Accountant" in the Subject line. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. No calls, please.