As a Cook at Deupree House you will enjoy the below and more if you join our growing team!
- Schedule which allows you to get home by a reasonable time each evening
- Rotating weekends off
- A professional and collaborative working environment
- Know how many people you are serving each day & get to know who you are cooking for
- Robust benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, HSA, and much more!
- Refer and get paid every time a friend is hired and becomes a Team Member
- Room to grow within the organization
- Cooks prepare and serves food that is palatable and appetizing in accordance with sanitary regulations, established and planned menu policies and procedures, including portion control. Makes only equivalent substitutions and documents accordingly.
- Cooks assure that safety regulations are followed and reports any accidents, hazardous equipment or conditions immediately.
- Cooks assist in inventorying and storing incoming food, supplies, etc., as necessary and maintains food storage areas in a clean and properly arranged manner.
- Cooks review menus prior to preparation of food to ensure all ingredients are in stock. Advises manager of missing stock immediately.
- Cooks complete daily or scheduled cleaning duties
- As needed cooks attend and participates in workshops, in-services, seminars, etc.; obtains/maintains Servsafe certification.
- Cooks completes necessary forms, reports, monitors, etc., as required.
- Cooks assist in food preparation for special meals for parties, etc.
- Cooks may direct Dining Services staff as necessary.
- Acquire, a minimum, high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have, as a minimum, one year cooking experience in a dining service enterprise or equivalent.
- Be Serve Safe certified
- Be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities and short order items as needed and must be knowledgeable of dining service procedures, cooking characteristics and techniques, names and contents of dishes, etc.
- Be able to read, write and communicate effectively in the English language and follow written/oral instructions.
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age.
- Be able to bend, stoop, lift and push (up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis), stir and move intermittently throughout the work day.
- Possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Cooks who are not Serve Safe certified upon hire have 6 months to receive certification. ERH will pay for one class and test. If the staff member does not pass the course, the staff member will need to pay for the class and test. If the staff member passes the second test, ERH will reimburse the staff member for the cost of the test. If the staff member does not pass a second time, the staff member can elect to take it a third time at their own cost. If they decline or fail, they may be demoted to a position not needing certification, or be terminated.