- Operations & Facility Management
- Oversee facility operational needs, ensuring the highest standards are met for facility upkeep through management of meticulous cleaning, maintenance, and repair of facility and equipment needs; Manage and work closely with Food Innovation Facility Coordinator, ensuring their success in meeting related expectations.
- Lead continuous identification, implementation and improvement of operational processes and risk mitigation.
- Manage adherence to city, state, federal requirements for commercial kitchens and member licensing, ensuring consistent review and updating based on evolving regulations.
- Manage and maintain scheduling, reservation, records and payment system, as well as rule enforcement and training with all Members, citing violations and providing trainings as needed.
- Manage membership process, including curation and execution of member onboardings.
- Overall administrative and project management required for effective and efficient operations.
- Program Management & Development
- Provide overall leadership to program stakeholders, mediating and managing expectations internally and externally. Deliver regular updates to the team, providing context, data, risks/issues, and action needed.
- Responsible for management and execution of all program components through to completion.
- Manage external partnership development, optimized facility infrastructure, and enhancement of overall program, executing program and functional requirements.
- Responsible for achieving strategic objectives in alignment with CFFM’s Strategic Plan.
- Supports the Director, Food Innovation, in the development of vision, plan, and execution of Food Innovation Growth and Initiative Planning.
- Incubation Support Services
- Food Production Expertise -- Provide Members assistance with recipe scaling, production methods and processes, equipment functionality, menu creation and related food and product creation support.
- Licensing & Regulatory Compliance -- Provide expertise and continuously update and create SOPs and step-by-step processes, guiding Members through food regulations, licensing requirements, inspections, best practices, HACCP plan creation, and additional regulations required for food safety and production.
- Business Support -- Mentor and provide members access to technical assistance through partner connections, and internal programming opportunities; Work closely with the Food Innovation Program Manager to cultivate and provide ideation, content, recommendations and connections in creating and executing entrepreneur education programming through Findlay Learn.
- Sales Channel/Promotion Opportunities -- Work closely with the entrepreneurial and business community, creating new and evaluating existing growth opportunities, leading management and execution; Work directly with Market team ensuring integration with services and offerings.
- Market Popup Program – manage the administration and execution, including procurement of licenses, necessary equipment, scheduling, and training of Members.
- Communication and Relationship Management
- Develop positive relationships and community-building with program stakeholders; Initiate and participate in community outreach; develop new/nurture existing key industry relationships.
- Cultivate Member community-building providing a platform for internal connections and collaborations.
- Work cross-functionally with Food Innovation, Market Management, Development, and Communications teams on planning and pipeline.
- Oversee external communications, including program messaging, consistent website updating, newsletter input, initiation of promotional collateral and framework for social media management, supported by Communication team.
- Coordinate with Development and Communication teams on fundraisers and special events that include Findlay Kitchen Members, including coordination and execution of events.
- Financial and Data Management
- Own administration of software platforms, including CRM, used to collect and analyze data on Member trends and program details, strategically leveraging insights to inform innovation, growth, and change.
- Lead reporting initiation and implementation; ongoing measurement of program effectiveness through qualitative feedback and metric tracking, iterating and adapting as necessary.
- Responsible for financial management of program budget, projections, and identification and action upon key budgetary trends.
- Initiate recommendations for financial model improvements, incremental revenue streams, and provide point of view for management of services, fee, and resource allocation.
- Manage billing, invoicing, payments, fees; provides monthly reporting and review of financials.
- Prepares yearly budget recommendations; controls expenditures in accordance with budget allocations.
- Minimum 5+ years professional kitchen experience
- Entrepreneurial drive required; bringing a sense of urgency, ownership and follow through to all work
- Ability to effectively identify, prioritize, manage multiple work streams in a dynamic environment
- Skill and experience in program development and execution, evaluating data and establishing priorities
- Must have grit: the willingness to do whatever it takes to solve for issues
- Comfortable operating with a rapid pace of play that comes with working in a startup business mindset
- Highly organized with excellent time management, problem-solving and mediation skills
- Strong business judgement and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience with organizational and management practices, budgeting and accounting principles
- Passion for working in a proactively diverse and inclusive organization
- Computer proficiency; experienced in using software platforms for functional and organizational efficiency; knowledge of G Suite, Asana, Slack, MS Office preferred
- Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations
- Continual on the job learning and application of new skills and knowledge is required
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Position schedule is Tuesday through Saturday; must be able to work some non-traditional hours/days
Findlay Market is Cincinnati’s internationally recognized (Newsweek 2020), and Ohio’s longest running, public
market. A historic, vibrant living landmark that connects farmers, producers, sellers and customers in a dynamic,
diverse public marketplace, Findlay Market is an essential institution that is leading the region in development of an entrepreneurial ecosystem, supported by a Food Innovation District, for small food-related businesses.
Key to its current and future success is the support of a robust environment for food related businesses to start,
grow and scale. This is a key objective of the Corporation for Findlay Market’s strategic plan and the core focus
for the Food Innovation team. Programs designed, developed and managed by this team currently include:
- Findlay Kitchen: Food Business Incubator and commissary kitchen (findlaykitchen.org)
- Findlay Launch Storefront Accelerator: 9-month Residency Program (findlaylaunch.org)
- Findlay Learn: Food-related entrepreneur education through courses, classes, and workshops
- Findlay Market Shopping App: Innovative tech solution supporting Merchant growth and Shopper lifestyle
Position and Application Details
- Application: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salary: $50,000-$55,000
- Benefits: This is a year-round, full-time position with an attractive benefits package that includes: 4 weeks of PTO (5 weeks after 2 years), paid parental leave, health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, short-term, long-term), CFFM pays 85%-90% of health insurance premiums, CFFM HSA contribution for those enrolled in medical insurance, partial cell phone reimbursement or work phone, Sabbatical Program