Intern, Internal Audit
First Financial Bank
We do the right things, right now. We do them in a way that is relevant to our clients. Become a part of our history as it continues to be written!
If you are interested and qualified for this role, we invite you to apply.
- Support functional area and line of business projects and initiatives, specifically:
- With the assistance of audit seniors/managers, the intern, who is concentrating in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology or related fields, will develop an understanding of the Bank’s audit approach, the banking industry and the needs of the Bank.
- Primarily assist with executing and documenting tests/assessments for internal controls over financial reporting (SOX). May assist with other areas within the Internal Audit department such as operational audits, information technology audits, compliance audits and special projects. In addition, may assist the Chief Internal Auditor, the Director of Strategy, Risk, Execution and Integration, and the Director of Quality Assurance with certain risk assessments, senior leadership reporting and quality assurance reviews and internal interviews.
- Develop and implement effective audit techniques and procedures and utilize documentation skills, which adequately support audit findings within a timely manner.
- Prepare summaries of findings for audit reports or internal control weaknesses and communicate findings and recommendations to appropriate levels within the audit engagement team.
- Develop a high level of analytical skills and evaluate the effectiveness of procedures, segregation of duties and internal controls within the area subject to audit.
- Participate in First Financial’s internship team and community development events
- Provide continuous improvement feedback to the Director, Internship Program
- Meet acceptable performance levels and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, managers, and clients
- Observe the Code of Conduct and “Standards of Conduct and Discipline”, as outlined in the Associate Handbook, while at work, during business travel, at Company-sponsored events or in venues where you are representing First Financial
- The Code of Conduct and Associate Handbook are made available upon hire and are required to be acknowledged by all associates
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed to Perform Essential Functions of the Job
- Currently enrolled in a college or university and pursuing a Bachelor’s degree
- A fast learner and problem solver who pays close attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and prioritization skills
- Basic analytical, critical thinking and project management skills
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office products and video conferencing tools
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Campus involvement and/or leadership experience
- Prior work experience
Level of Complexity and Scope
- Ability to serve a wide variety of bank and/or client needs according to First Financial policy and procedures
- Ability to work within a fast paced, cross functional team environment
Degree of Independence and Decision-Making
- Will work independently as well as with teams under supervision
- In some cases, your direct manager may be remote
- Pending the scope of the work assigned, level of supervision needed may change day to day
Required Supervisory Responsibilities
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 20 lbs.
- Frequently lifts and carries up to 10 lbs.
- Frequently sits, stands, walks and drives
The associate is responsible for meeting all compliance requirements imposed on First Financial Bank by State and Federal law and regulation, as well as all related First Financial Bank policies and procedures. This includes all Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC and Suspicious Activity reporting requirements, as well as all other lending and deposit compliance requirements.
Development and Training
- First Financial required compliance training must be completed timely
It is our policy to not discriminate against any individual in violation of federal, state, and local laws as it relates to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran/military service, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an E-Verify Employer.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service