Performs highly complex analysis and other work assignments in support of Treasury department activities utilizing technical expertise; also assists with strategic planning and development. Works to solve complex problems with minimal guidance; interprets internal and external business issues to recommend best practices. Typically aligned to one of the following departmental functions: Asset/Liability, Funding/Liquidity or Investment Portfolio.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank’s risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs highly complex analysis and other work assignments.
- Participates in leading the development of high-level analysis related to balance sheet, NII and risk management.
- Employs the use of ALM, QRM and other models to create a comprehensive assessment of the Bancorp’s risk / return profile.
- Assists in providing insights into the Bank’s balance sheet and earnings profiles; Contributes ideas to achieve optimal balance of risk and return.
- Funding/Liquidity Function
- Responsible for reporting, strategic planning and monitoring of an optimal debt portfolio.
- Provides advice to management throughout the bank regarding FTP modeling, loan pricing and deposit pricing.
- Assists in developing and executing strategies associated for wholesale funding function.
- Responsible for providing high-level analytical support and reporting on the investment portfolio.
- Assists in managing day-to-day trading activity of the investment portfolio.
- Assists in managing the purchase and sale of securities for the Bancorp.
- Assist in all analytical and reporting requirements on the bank’s balance sheet derivative positions.
May lead functional teams or projects. May formally or informally supervise more junior analyst(s) on assigned workflow items or projects.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Economics required. MBA or CFA preferred.
- Typically requires 5 - 7 years or more of Treasury-related experience in at least one functional area: Asset/Liability, Funding/Liquidity or Investment Portfolio. For those aligned to the Investment Portfolio function, experience with fixed income portfolio management and analysis with emphasis on mortgage backed securities required.
- Financial services / banking industry experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, modeling, and database skills and experience required. Experience with ALM modeling software required (QRM preferred) for those aligned to Asset/Liability function.
- Knowledge of Treasury & Funds Management, money markets, fixed income/capital markets, and derivatives.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and become proficient with computer software, analytical and data base management tools.
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple assignments and demonstrated initiative.
- Demonstrated proficiency in critical thinking, leadership, business acumen, relationship building and teamwork.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.
- Overnight travel may be required on a periodic basis.