Main Street Ventures is working to become the community-funded initiative that makes entrepreneurship possible for everyone in Greater Cincinnati, by supporting entrepreneurs with what they need, when they need it: Capital, Connections, and Education. We look to support all good ideas and founders, but with a particular focus on women and minority entrepreneurs who have been historically underrepresented in the startup community.
Too many good ideas fall by the wayside because opportunities for starting and growing a business are not equally available to all founders in our community. Young businesses drive local job creation and economic development, but financial barriers inhibit their survivability. 83% of all entrepreneurs nationwide don’t have access to bank loans or venture capital (Kauffman Foundation), limiting their growth options. A vibrant economic future for Cincinnati requires an entrepreneurial ecosystem and organizations within that remove barriers to starting and growing a business.
MSV is a 501(c)(3) organization. Learn more at mainstventures.org.
Main Street Ventures is seeking a full-time Manager of Special Events and Operations. The primary function of this role is to create and implement special events in order to enhance community, grant recipient, and stakeholder engagement. This person will be an integral part of the team and will support the current programming as well as all of the operational needs of the organization.
- Develop, build, and execute all special events in partnership with the Executive Lead and Director of Development & Funding Programs, and Director of Community Engagement & Entrepreneurial Support in order to best serve our founders and create an engaged startup community.
- Execution of event experiences including current events and the creation of future events. Some of these events include community showcases, workshops, lunch and learns, collaborative events with program partners, and working with the team to help plan and execute internal employee and grant recipient events to enhance engagement
- Support and lead (as necessary) current programming including; Inventure Entrepreneurship Academy, the Launch It: Cincy Pitch Competition, and others as needed
- Facilitate meaningful connections with Universities and High Schools in our region in order to support Inventure Entrepreneurship Academy and Launch It: Cincy.
- Report on overall participant engagement and success measures of special events and programming.
- Administrative Duties include but are not limited to overseeing office space, event databases & software, and supply management
- Support the MSV team with functions such as; promotion and social media, external event support for grant recipients, supporting the upkeep of events budget, and ideation of new and innovative events and programming
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Ideal candidate has related work experience in event planning organizations, startup organizations, corporate startup programs, venture capital, or direct startup experience
- Willingness to intensively and rapidly learn a new industry or dive deeper into the world of startups if already familiar
- High emotional intelligence and ability to quickly build rapport with strangers
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, highly independent work environment with much autonomy
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for startups
- Benefit Package available
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Flexible Work Environment
Main Street Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.