$30 – $35 • yearly
Sawdey Solution Services
The FOIA Analyst/Specialist, utilizing their intake experience, will review incoming FOIA requests, determine if properly constructed, request clarification if too broad, determine the applicable Search Taskers; and apply the applicable response letter template.
Additional Responsibilities Include, but are not Limited To:
- Enter new FOIA requests into the FOIA database, utilizing the agency FOIA online tracking system.
- Make assignment of FOIA requests.
- Make fee waiver and expedited processing determination recommendations and draft correspondence.
- Work within FOIA online to assist in the processing of FOIA requests.
- Work with program office to complete FOIA requests.
- Conduct and conclude searches for responsive document.
- Maintain records, is privy to confidential information, which may not be discussed freely.
- Prepares and files a variety of records and documents.
- Maintains office files and oversees filing procedures as necessary.
- Analyze data collected to produce formal request responses.
- Review documents and redact information which requires protection through redaction utilizing Adobe.
- Answer phone calls/emails and provide assistance.
- Prepare routine correspondence.
- Work on special projects related to FOIA processing.
- Review and edit new and amended Privacy Act SORNs for publication in the Federal.
- Register and assures requisite clearances are made.
- Work with Departmental FOIA/PA Officer to develop improved performance in the FOIA and PA programs.
- Review Privacy Impact Assessments to ensure correct SORNs are included and that they sufficiently cover the intended Privacy Act system of records.
- Operate a personal computer and other office equipment.
- Proficiently using eDiscovery tools, such as Relativity.
- Determine and document FOIA request search terms.
- Provide documents to end-users in consumable and useable formats.
- Support eDiscovery tool users by answering end-user questions (received via phone, email, and in- person) and provide end-user application training.
- Proficiently provide eDiscovery tool case management to include creating and maintaining database, loading documents, security administration, and production support.
- Support office in effective use of eDiscovery tool for analysis, document review and productions.
- Handle escalated support, problem definition, and resolution in eDiscovery tool.
- Manage document review workflow and working with the Departmental FOIA/PA Officer to improve performance in the work review process.
- Work on special projects related to FOIA processing, including metrics and reporting.
- Maintain records according to laws, regulations, and policies.
- Support project teams and clients in effective use of eDiscovery tool for analysis, document review and productions.
- Assist with proposal development, if necessary.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Two (2) years or more of strong knowledge of the FOIA and Privacy Act.
- Two (2) years or more of experience reviewing records for disclosure for FOIA and Privacy Act request.
- Two (2) years or more of experience processing FOIA requests using automation, such as eDiscovery tools.
- Must be able to utilize Microsoft Office software (Access, Adobe, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Associates Degree and good writing skills.
Other Required Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customer and fulfill all duties and responsibilities as listed in the contract.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite including, but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement. While the vaccine mandate for federal contractors and subcontractors is still being decided, we are continuing to collect vaccination record cards and accepting requests for legal accommodations (approval of a legal accommodation is not guaranteed). Although providing this documentation is not required at this time, we appreciate your cooperation in voluntarily providing this documentation to us should the Executive Order be upheld in the courts.
Security Clearance: Must be able to obtain a favorable background check.
US Citizenship: This position supports a U.S. Government Contract whose terms require Sawdey Solution Services to staff it only with U.S. Citizens.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service