Essential Job Functions:
Implement ongoing business strategies: Evaluate proposed strategies using SQL, Excel, Visio, and Notepad++. Code and unit test strategy with Strategy Manager software (PowerCurve). Fraud Software (Falcon). Complete user acceptance testing and obtain sign off from requestor. Post-install validation using SQL, tools within the software (PowerCurve/Fraud System), mainframe (TSO, TCOP, Fileaid, QMF), SNAP UI, VCARS, Web Collections and Systemware (letters). Compile documentation housed within Jira and department directories for auditing purposes. Ability to take complicated information/process and compile into a logical outcome.
Implement new capabilities/system enhancements: Act as liaison between project team and Strategy Manager System. Participate in gathering project requirements by partnering with a variety of internal and external partners. Utilize critical thinking skills to help analyze business issues, collaborates with stakeholders to resolve problems, is strategic, and gains consensus on the best solution. Develop design document outlining requested changes. Code and unit test strategy that involves coordination with internal and/or external partners to ensure end to end testing (SIT/UAT) is successful. Complete user acceptance testing and obtain sign off. Post-install validation. Compile documentation for auditing purposes. Communicate to technical and non-technical associates as well as clear and concise communication to upper management. Demonstrates the ability to work independently, remain organized, and prioritize work in order to work on multiple tasks at the same time with accuracy and attention to detail.
Research and Reporting: Ad hoc research and requests that may include outlier accounts, unexpected results, account performance questions, unanticipated volumes, compliance/legal concerns, capabilities and consumer complaints. Monitor error reporting/queues using mainframe error queues, reports, tables, and logs. Utilizes knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Teams to execute daily work.
Reports to: Associate Manager, Adaptive Control
Direct Reports: None
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements:
- Normal Office Environment.
- Some travel may be required.
- This position is hybrid with an onsite schedule of 3-4 days per month. In-office requirements are subject to change based on business needs. This position is currently available to candidates that reside within 60 miles of Columbus, OH; Chadds Ford, PA; Plano, TX; Draper, UT; Wilmington, DE or New York, NY.
- One or more years work experience: Credit, finance and/or programming in any scripting type language, COBOL, Query Language, SAS, JAVA or Visual Basic
- Or Associate's degree in business, Finance, Computer Programming, Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, or Software Engineering.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Computer Programming
Three or more years in Credit, finance and/or programming in any scripting type language, COBOL, Query Language, SAS, JAVA or Visual Basic.
This job description is illustrative of the types of duties typically performed by this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of each and every essential function of the job. Because job content may change from time to time, the Company reserves the right to add and/or delete essential functions from this job at any time.
Typical Starting Range:
$55,200.00 - $100,000.00
Full Salary Range for position:
California: $63,500.00 - $125,000.00
Colorado: $55,200.00 - $105,000.00
New York: $60,700.00 - $125,000.00
Washington: $58,000.00 - $115,000.00
The actual base pay within this range may be dependent upon many factors, which may include, but are not limited to, work location, education, experience, and skills.
Click the Below Link to Apply!
Bread Financial offers medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and other voluntary benefits (including basic and optional life insurance, supplemental medical plans, and short and long-term disability) to eligible associates (regular full-time associates scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more) and their spouses/domestic partners, and child(ren) under the age of 26. New associate elected coverage begins on date of hire (with the exception of disability coverage which has a 6-month waiting period). Six weeks of 100% paid parental leave for eligible parents is available after a 180-day waiting period. Hired associates can immediately enroll in Bread Financial’s 401(k) plan.
All associates receive 11 paid holidays. Associates have discretion in managing their time away from work through the Flexible Time Off (FTO) program and may need to notify and receive approval from their manager prior to taking the time off. Associates (except those located in Illinois) receive 80 hours of Paid Sick and Safe Time (“PSST”) upon hire and at the beginning of each subsequent calendar year. Illinois associates receive 40 hours of Illinois PSST upon hire and at the beginning of each subsequent calendar year and 40 hours of Illinois Paid Leave upon hire and at the beginning of each subsequent calendar year. Illinois Paid Leave must be used before associates in Illinois will be approved to take FTO.
Hired associates will be able to elect the purchase company stock during offering periods in June and December. You will be eligible for an annual incentive bonus based on individual and company performance.
Click here for more Benefits information.
About Bread Financial
At Bread Financial, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, give back to your community, and be a part of our award-winning culture. We’ve been consistently recognized as a best place to work in many markets and we’re proud to promote an environment where you feel appreciated, accepted, valued, and fulfilled—both personally and professionally. Bread Financial supports the overall wellness of our associates with a diverse suite of benefits and offers boundless opportunities for career development and non-traditional career progression.
Bread Financial is a tech-forward financial services company providing simple, personalized payment, lending and saving solutions. The company creates opportunities for its customers and partners through digitally enabled choices that offer ease, empowerment, financial flexibility and exceptional customer experiences. Driven by a digital-first approach, data insights and white-label technology, Bread Financial delivers growth for its partners through a comprehensive product suite, including private label and co-brand credit cards, installment lending, and buy now, pay later (BNPL). Bread Financial also offers direct-to-consumer solutions that give customers more access, choice and freedom through its branded Bread Cashback American Express® Credit Card and Bread Savings products.
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Bread Financial is powered by its 7,500+ global associates and is committed to sustainable business practices.
- Bread Financial offers competitive pay, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for the Company.
- The Company participates in E-Verify.
- The Company will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Applicants with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.
- The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended, and all applicable state/local laws. The Company will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process. Applicants with disabilities may contact the Company to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact the Recruiting Team at TaOps@breadfinancial.com.