Position: Training Annex Coordinator
Type: Non-Exempt, Full-time
Manages Others: No
Reports To: Senior Construction Manager
This position is responsible for maintaining the organization of materials at the annex. This position is knowledgeable of the inventory and responsible for placing orders as needed. Other duties include but are not limited to safety, meeting fire code standards, scheduling maintenance for company vehicles, and helping to ensure build sites have the necessary tools and materials.
- Keep annex clean and organized – items in proper locations, locations are clearly marked
- Ensure safe storage of items
- Ensure annex meets fire code standards
- Monitor inventory levels and request to order materials timely as needed
- Record materials received and put them in the proper location
- Conduct inventory counts
- Maintain the inventory spreadsheets
- Work with the Senior Construction Manager to hold all employees accountable to using inventory count sheets when taking and returning items
- Consistently and proactively perform routine assessments and scheduled maintenance on company vehicles
- Work with key personnel to make sure build sites are adequately supplied
- Test tools regularly to make sure they are in good working order. Test tools prior to sending to site.
- Accept and make deliveries as required
- Make sure all personnel are out of the Annex timely. Assist all personnel when at the annex when gathering tools and materials to provide efficiency.
- Empty trash, dumpsters, and recycling as needed
- Clean bathrooms
- Lead Habitat staff in required trainings and orientation
- Assist in implementing and maintaining a system for tool/material inventory
- Backup to the Procurement Coordinator
- Assist on build sites as directed by Senior Construction Manager
- Learn and gain understanding of building products. Understand the function and how they are used in the home building process. Gain an understanding of the residential home building process.
- Pull build packages prior to personnel needing them on build sites. Send weekly emails to personnel about what product needs to be picked up.
- Use the build schedule system, BuilderTrend, to anticipate what needs to happen on the build site and what products need to be delivered.
- Make sure damaged, not wanted, or additional material that returns to the annex is sent to vendors.
- A valid driver’s license is required
- A minimum of 1 year work experience
- Ability to stand and walk the majority of the work shift
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills