As a faith-based and patient-focused organization, Mercy Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of all people in mind, body and spirit through exceptional patient care. Success in this goal requires a culture of compassion, collaboration, excellence and respect. Mercy Health seeks people that are committed to our values of compassion, human dignity, integrity, service and stewardship to create an environment where associates want to work and help communities thrive.
The Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech is responsible for watching the cardiac monitors, coordinating communications, performing unit-receptionist activities, and accountable for routine clerical activities on a nursing unit. The Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech is responsible for directing the flow of information between nursing and medical staff, patient and family, and healthcare team and support services.
- Constantly observes and accurately interprets cardiac monitors. Systematically scans and interprets screens. Identifies and reports changes in baseline rhythm patterns. Differentiates life threatening changes from “slow evolving” changes. Appropriately notifies/pages charge nurse or designate of witnessed changes. Documents changes for review RN (i.e., saves, times, strips). Sets and checks alarm system. Maintains ongoing documentation of monitor pattern during procedures/Code Blue as requested/necessary. Keeps an updated record of patients’ rhythms Gives report to relief watcher.
- Handles incoming and external telephone calls. Coordinates communication between physicians, shift lead, staff and ancillary departments. Provides friendly assistance to patient's family and visitors. Communicates in a constructive and positive manner. Collaborates intra- and interdepartmentally to meet patient's needs. Handles patient information in a confidential manner. Demonstrates effective communication with patients and families by listening, providing support and making referral to appropriate sources of help, if needed. Demonstrates ability to work effectively with others. Responds to conflict effectively in an open, constructive manner. Effectively utilizes channels of communication according to organization structure. Assists in orienting new personnel. Identifies own learning needs and collaborates with manager in planning to meet them.
- Enters and retrieves patient information in data entry systems. Maintains accurate statistics. Assists in performance improvement activities such as data collection and reporting and chart retrieval. Maintains and processes completed patient charts.
- Orders department supplies. Attends Department Meetings. Performs other duties that assist in the smooth performance of the department.
Required Minimum Education: High School Diploma
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS (must be non-expired/active unless otherwise stated):
Required: BLS within 30 days of hire
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Many of our opportunities reward* your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- Employer contributions to retirement savings plan when eligible
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
*Benefits offerings vary according to employment status
SCHEDULED WEEKLY HOURS:24
DEPARTMENT:Blood Cancer Center - Jewish
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com