$48,000 – $50,000 • yearly
Urban League of Greater Cleveland
The Urban League of Greater Cleveland is accepting resumes for the position of Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Business Advisor. The SBDC Business Advisor’s primary responsibility includes small business advising. Consultations are direct, in-depth contact in one-on-one meetings via in-person, telephone, online, and written communication. In addition, the Business Advisor is responsible for delivering timely workshop materials along with other SBDC team members. The SBDC Business advisor shall work in collaboration with other team members and report to the SBDC Center Director.
- Interview and assess client business needs.
- Develop, analyze, and review financial statements and projections.
- Counsel and help prepare clients to obtain capital.
- Provide in-depth counseling with clients to develop next steps, action plans, and resolutions.
- Travel to client business sites for meetings, review, evaluations, marketing, or promotions.
- Work closely with Director and/or other agencies to facilitate the operation of the program.
- Attend training sessions for business analysts to facilitate ongoing knowledge.
- Assist in the planning and marketing of seminars, training sessions, and conferences.
- Community involvement, public appearances as needed or directed.
- Participate in training events as an instructor or moderator.
- Assist in efforts to evaluate the effectiveness and impact of training events.
- Other duties as assigned by Director.
- High degree of initiative and professionalism.
- Capability of working effectively with both academic and government sectors, private sectors and institutes of higher education.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to relate well with people of diverse backgrounds.
Graduate of a four-year college or university with a degree in Business Administration, Economics, or other related fields and/or a minimum of five years of experience in business management or ownership activities. An equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the acquisition of required knowledge, skills and abilities, may be acceptable.
- General knowledge of principles of business is required.
- Must be a person with an attention for financial details and be able to evaluate financial information
- High level of interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, establish work priorities with minimal direction and supervision.
- The ability to meet baseline requirements established by the DSA within a two-year period.
- Meet business analyst position requirements; receive CBA Certification within a one (1) year period.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health/dental/vision insurance, parking, paid vacation, select holidays off, and sick leave.
Email your resume and cover letter to Ftownsend@ULCleveland.org. Please put “Business Advisor” in subject line.
Application deadline: January 31, 2023 at 5pm.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service