Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Position: Philanthropy Officer – Corporate Partnerships
Type: Exempt, Full-Time
Manages Others: No
Reports To: VP Development & Communications
The Philanthropy Officer - Corporate Partnerships will manage Habitat for Humanity of Greater Cincinnati’s corporate relations program to significantly increase participation from business partners in support of Habitat’s mission. This position will recruit new corporate partners while stewarding existing partnerships with the business community.
1. Develop strategies to build and maintain corporate community partnerships, including the stewardship of all current partnerships and developing new relationships with businesses to support Habitat home building and other program services.
2. Develop relationships with business leaders to expand the capacity of the corporate relations and sponsorship programs.
3. Develop and maintain regular communications with business partners, and work with the Communications Officer to create and maintain marketing materials and partnership tools.
4. Plan and coordinate annual corporate events and build days.
5. Create and maintain a detailed record of community corporate partners as well as prospective business partners.
6. Serve as spokesperson for corporate events and other speaking engagements (shared responsibility among Development and leadership team).
7. Develop stewardship and retention strategies, including documented moves management, to sustain a growing portfolio of active corporate partners.
8. Coordinate scheduling and work closely with Volunteer Services staff to ensure corporate partners are informed about volunteer opportunities and enjoy their on-site experience.
9. Monitor and follow up with corporate partners on their sponsorship and/or fundraising progress.
10. Promote and serve as point person for cause marketing campaigns conducted by corporate partners.
11. Travel frequently within service area to visit current partners and prospective partners.
12. Organize, plan, emcee, and attend house celebrations and other events, in collaboration with Development and leadership team.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
• BA/BS degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in securing gift commitments in the corporate sector and/or sponsorship experience, or other relevant experience.
• Familiarity with the Tristate region’s business community and organizations.
• Ability to successfully manage both short- and long-term responsibilities of the position, implementation of program goals and objectives, moves management, and administrative support for the program.
• Highly capable in relationship building and relationship management. Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills in various social and professional settings to ensure positive relationships with colleagues, corporate donors, Habitat homebuyers, and volunteers.
• Committed to delivering excellent internal and external customer service.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills. Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Professional, articulate speaker comfortable with public speaking engagements.
• Ability to perform as a team player, as well as to work independently with limited supervision.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including some weekends and evenings as required.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and internet research. Raiser’s Edge or comparable CRM experience preferred.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States