Director, Corporate Relations
The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber’s mission is to grow the vibrancy and economic prosperity of the Cincinnati region. The Chamber team is working on behalf of member businesses to ignite business resiliency and inclusive growth, to invest in the people who call this region home, to lead regional connectivity through collaboration, and to champion the region’s unique advantages. The Chamber is powered by inclusion, regional thinking, data, policy, and relationships. Our vision: the region embodies the Future City, where business growth delivers the economic platform that accelerates opportunity for everyone who calls this region home. For more information, visit www.cincinnatichamber.com.
The Cincinnati region is accessible. You are just a cup of coffee away from making connections and making a difference. Join us and begin your own traditions. Leave your mark. Help us create a community that we all are proud to call home.
The Minority Business Accelerator (MBA), is currently seeking a full time Director, Corporate Relations to join the nationally recognized MBA team! This position is responsible for a wide array of responsibilities related to administrative and operational processes of corporate relation activities. The person in this role will need strong communication skills to manage and cultivate relationships in the community, with active and prospective clients and colleagues.
The ideal Director, Corporate Relations, like many of the MBA team members, embraces challenges of the finance and business entity. Holds the ability to execute the highest quality of work while managing multiple projects and activities simultaneously. The person has an understanding of the business issues impacting, and opportunities awaiting, the Cincinnati business region and uses focused strategic thinking, problem solving, network building and people skills to deliver results and achieve goals.
The person in this role understands fully and has experience with the specific and unique issues that impact minority businesses. This leader has a drive for results and can see the bigger picture. The Director, Corporate Relations is a strategic thinker, an approachable relationship artist, and courageous problem-solver. This open-minded person leads change and has a solid track record of driving and supporting successful businesses.
- Work with corporate partners to help create and define spending goals in support of overalls supplier diversity strategies.
- Work closely with CPOs and Supplier Diversity professionals to understand each organization’s buying cycles and establish regular engagements to drive performance and outcomes.
- Partner with major corporations within the current supply chain of large and mid-cap companies to facilitate the creation of more minority-owned businesses through acquiring mainstream businesses.
- Establish outreach initiatives and strategies to recruit and maintain corporate memberships. Work with corporate member’s management teams with an emphasis on supporting supplier diversity initiatives within their organizations.
- Develop strategies, objectives and action plans for assessing corporate partner organizational needs; oversee plan implementation and assure results.
- Work with the President and Board of Directors to establish strong working relationships with corporate members to assure broad access and advocacy from minority businesses.
- Serve as MBA’s liaison on various and ensuring key corporate partners are informed of existing and new initiatives.
- Identify and help match specific procurement opportunities for corporate members and minority business initiatives.
- Conduct regular customer visits with key corporate partner companies to ensure minority business council effectiveness.
- Manage the communications process externally with assigned accounts and internally with the lines of business partners to ensure a unified account management strategy with each client.
- Business Acumen
- Executive Presence
- Decision Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Drive for Results
- Strategic Agility
- Relationship Management
The Director, Corporate Relations does not have supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
ADDITONAL ELIGIBLITY QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or Business Administration field of study is preferred, or 10 or more years of equivalent relevant experience.
- Five or more years of experience of Communications, Marketing, or business background, particularly within quantitative data required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication and networking skills.
- Impeccable relationship building and management skills.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Microsoft Excel .
This position is located in a climate-controlled downtown office site and requires a minimal amount of external activity. The job will require talking, listening, researching, and sitting for long periods working at a computer screen. This position does not require travel. Requirements include some evenings and weekends, flexible work week available to accommodate these instances.
We commit to achieving tangible results in a supportive team environment built on respect, energy, curiosity, continuous improvement, and positive attitudes and relationships.
We are visionaries, collaborators, and makers of change.
We lead inclusively with passion, integrity, and fun!
And, we model inclusion and regional thinking in everything we do.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Position offers a rewarding challenge in a professional environment, competitive salary & excellent benefit package. The Chamber does not provide sponsorship for work visas.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.