Financial Analyst III
$65,000 – $80,000 • yearly
Fifth Third Bank
Responsible for the execution of complex financial analysis and business improvement of key areas within the Bancorp. Emerging as financial leader to Fifth Third Bancorp lines of business, affiliate leadership, and/or external agencies to understand and meet the information needs required to sustain growth. Focus on providing value-added analysis and recommendations to support business growth.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands the identification of key business factors (both internal and external) that impact the business.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge base to keep current on existing and emerging issues; applies this knowledge to assist business managers in growing their business.
- Develops recommendations and action plans to support growth and eliminate or mitigate observed risks.
- Plays a key role in the execution of financial analysis and in driving business results.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly reports. Investigates and documents unusual items.
- Performs maintenance on existing schedules and reports for changes to information.
- Documents, evaluates and improves design of reports and processes to ensure that analytical tools evolve as business changes.
- Develops trend analyses and other quantitative reports to determine business trends.
- Assists management with the development and maintenance of the performance data systems designed to review organizational and product performance.
- Establishes, fosters and maintains working relationships with peers and management within Bancorp Finance, affiliates and all lines of business.
- May serve as the division leader to lines of business regarding mergers and acquisitions, conversions of application systems, and complex reporting needs.
- Attends meetings with peers to maintain knowledge of current and emerging issues and risks in respective focus areas.
- Is an active participant in process improvement and problem resolution issues.
- Assists with the preparation and analysis of annual profit plan and rolling forecast for line of business.
- Analyzes business performance, make recommendations for improvements and measure progress.
- Provides training and guidance to less experienced analysts.
- May be responsible for incentive plan administration.
Provides guidance to less experienced staff, but no direct supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required. MBA or CPA preferred. Thorough knowledge of GAAP strongly desired.
- Typically requires minimum of five years of accounting or finance related experience in industry or public accounting.
- Proficient with MS-Windows and other related PC applications. Possess the desire and ability to learn mainframe applications, and automated data analysis tools and techniques.
- This position requires excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills necessary to interact with personnel ranging from clerical staff to more senior management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in performance measurement tools and technology.
- Ability to work both individually and as a member of a team.
- Ability to maintain professional composure in a dynamic work environment that often requires management/completion of multiple tasks.
- Demonstrate sound judgment as well as apply logical/critical thought processes.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service