Assumes a shared responsibility and accountability for developing and maintaining accurate and detailed accounting records and responsible for preparing financial statements and reports. Reviews, monitors, reconciles, and reports on all accounts for the department. Plays an active role in the month end closing duties and reporting.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank’s risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately maintains all assigned accounting records and performs all related accounting functions.
- Preparation of daily entries and monitoring of accounts.
- Maintains account balances.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the accounting processes and plays a key role in the integration of new accounting systems.
- Ensures compliance with Bancorp accounting policies and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Reconciliation and resolution of outages from complex accounts.
- Coordinates month end accounting activities with other departments, lines of business and affiliates.
- Ensures that all accounting entries and reports are completed on a timely and accurate basis.
- Ensures completeness and accuracy of all account reconciliations.
- Ensures that all entries are made in accordance with Bancorp accounting policies and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining appropriate business relationships with internal and external customers.
- Assists in the preparation of various financial statements and monthly reporting.
- Responds to inquiries from management, auditors and other authorities regarding the accounting issues, data in reports and financial statements issued by the department, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for assisting in performing various special projects as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics. Working knowledge of GAAP is preferred. Working toward an Masters or other certification (CPA, CMA, etc.) is a plus.
- Accounting related experience in financial industry or public accounting preferred.
- Proficient in basic applications such as Excel, Microsoft Word, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and understand systems such as Recon-Plus, Frontier, Mobius, & TM1.
- Excellent communication, organization and follow-up skills.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent people/relationship building skills.
- Ability to apply critical thought process