Project Director: Workshop Training and Business Development
Central State University
The Project Director for the Workshop Training and Business Development Center will be responsible for the operational aspects of the project. The Director will collaborate with private employers to seek employees who need training, partner with community organizations to recruit participants for skills development, and engage with small businesses to assess their business development needs. The project director will solicit
incumbent worker training, development, and consulting services to Miami Valley industry private industry with specific focus on historically underserved and underemployed populations to create career pathways for participants by providing training in high demand skills in:
1) advanced materials and advanced manufacturing, and 2) information technology and advanced data management.
The Director will provide leadership, management, and business acumen to direct reports, as well as monitoring their fiscal tracking of all activities.
The Director will support as necessary, both credit and non-credit program completion initiatives to incumbent workers and individuals seeking employment.
The Director reports directly to the Associate Provost for Research.
This position will be located at the Dayton Campus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• The Director will oversee business development activities specifically marketing and selling workforce training courses and programs to regional business and industry customers.
• Understands, identifies, and anticipates the diverse needs of business & industry (soft-skills, workforce & technical).
• Builds relationships with a wide variety of community and governmental agencies, educational institutions, employers, businesses, and other groups to identify needs and strategies comprehensively; markets programs; promotes community education and awareness related to training and employment issues.
• Fiscal administration of federal grant, ensure compliance with regulations, and program effectiveness.
• Recruits and manages a pool of non-credit adjunct training/education/consulting professionals and coordinates delivery of their services.
• Prepares and submits monthly, annual, and periodic reports including fiscal data, as required.
• Coordinates workforce development, economic development and educational events hosted in or by the Workshop Training and Business Development Center.
• Develops and revises the Workforce Tabloid/Catalog for Workshop Training and Business Development Center programs and courses.
• Researches and recommends new programs/services that have potential to increase enrollment and participation. Assists in development and implementation when necessary.
• Provides assistance in developing workforce development grants and the administration of resources from relevant funding streams.
• Provides support for Central State faculty members and other workshop instructors to secure and administer equipment maintenance contracts and coordinate the maintenance and repair of equipment.
• Manages the recommendations for new initiatives & additional funding requests for equipment & supplies in line with the Center’s emerging technologies and program enhancements.
• Represents the Center as needed at various training, civic, educational, and professional meetings.
• Supervises the Project Coordinator.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to interact effectively with Workforce Training and Business Development Center’s stakeholders including U.S. Department of Commerce and other federal agencies, state entities, regional city governments, economic development organizations, non-profit community organizations, Central State University faculty and staff, and the public.
• Excellent listening skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to customer and team-oriented management.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement training activities.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a deadline-oriented environment, managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to resolve complex problems and issues.
• Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Outstanding one-to-one and small group presentation skills.
• Maintain a high level of professionalism and conduct business in an ethical manner at all times.
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
• Master’s degree in business administration, human services, social work, public administration or related field and considerable experience of a progressive responsible nature in management of employment and training programs; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Five years business development and/or experience in providing training programs with considerable knowledge of the physical, economic, and social characteristics of the Service Delivery Area.
• Ability to work with limited supervision and to design processes and evaluate the effectiveness of program
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel and Word, database management, and analysis.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail.
• Three years of supervisory experience.
• Prior experience in curriculum development or program coordination.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of students, instructors, college officials, officials of business and industry and the public.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective data collection and records management systems and prepare technical reports and documents.
• Must possess a valid Ohio’s Driver’s License.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service