Beech Acres Parenting Center
Senior Accountant ($70 - $80K)
At Beech Acres Parenting Center, we uncover the natural gifts of children by unleashing the power of parents and caregivers. As a contemporary parenting center, Beech Acres serves over 30,000 people annually through a wide range of services including foster care, kinship care, adoption, behavioral health support in schools, parent coaching and much more. All of our programs are founded in our Natural Strength Parenting™ framework which enables parents to unlock their own potential by building on their unique strengths. For more information, visit www.beechacres.org
We're a spirited team that believes in having fun and making an impact in our community and beyond. Beech Acres offers competitive salaries, generous paid time off, and a comprehensive training program to support you in your journey. We’ve built a culture that values each employees unique strengths and is welcoming and inclusive for all. We’ve recently implemented an exciting new strategic vision for the organization that will guide us through the next three years and beyond. Come be part of positive change happening in schools, pediatric offices, workplaces, the community, and the world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The position is responsible for supporting the Controller and Director of Finance and Operations to manage and report all financial data, fixed assets, invoicing, and cash management. This position plays an integral role in the weekly and month end accounting processes, as well as assists with budgeting, reforecasting and financial analysis. This can be a hybrid position after training is completed.
- Support Controller in managing month end close process, ensuring completeness and accuracy of financial data.
- Prepare, review and disseminate countdown reports to business units monthly.
- Ensure proper reporting and allocations are recorded and followed for grant compliance, and in accordance with projected budgets.
- Conduct individual or group trainings on use of tools to all related staff, as appropriate.
- Review and prepare invoices.
- Manage cash payments and bank reconciliations.
- Manage and account for fixed assets.
- Support Controller and Director of Finance and Operations in managing, monitoring and projecting monthly cash flow and balance sheet accounts.
- Provide support for annual audits and 990 process.
- Support the Director of Finance and Operations with the annual budget process, and in monitoring financial progress across budgets.
- Conduct financial analysis and assist Director of Finance and Operations and program leaders with monthly/quarterly reforecasts.
- Assist in accounting system and application upgrades and in building efficiencies across the Finance Department.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- 3 - 5 years related work experience required.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field required. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Attention to detail, precision, and accuracy is a must.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills required.
Beech Acres is an Equal Opportunity Employer
BAPC provides equal employment opportunities (“EEO”) to all persons, consistent with applicable federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, religion, ancestry, military or veteran status, color, national origin, or any other applicable statutorily protected group status under local, state, or federal law. This applies to all phases of the employment relationship including recruitment, hiring, compensation, advancement, and discipline.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service