Apply in the link below!
Senior Investment Accountant in CINCINNATI, Ohio | Careers at QCS - HOME OFFICE (icims.com)
Summary of Responsibilities:
Performs enterprise investment accounting, reporting and analysis for Western & Southern Financial Group’s insurance subsidiaries. Provides investment accounting for both internal and external financial reporting, and performs monthly financial statement close and analysis activities. Participates in creating decision analysis tools that enhance the management and growth of the business. Works on special projects as a team leader/member with peers in Fort Washington Investment Advisors and Treasury. Works with minimal supervision and is responsible for making an established range of decisions, escalating to manager when necessary and updating manager on a regular basis.
- Prepares complex investment accounting entries and reporting for life insurance subsidiaries, on both a statutory and GAAP basis. Executes as an investment accounting subject matter expert on complex accounting topics, collaborating with business partners to educate and ensure complete and accurate accounting.
- Analyzes complex investment types (i.e. common stock, private equity, partnership investments, and derivatives) on an ongoing basis. Executes as an accounting subject matter expert on investment accounting topics, including: collateral management (funding agreements, securities lending) and strategic finance (i.e. direct investments). Presents results to management on a weekly, monthly and ad-hoc basis.
- Prepares regulatory, external and internal reporting for distribution to management, Board of Directors, regulators and rating agencies.
- Leads special projects, partnering with peers (i.e. Fort Washington Investment Advisors, Eagle Realty and Treasury) to provide definition and testing for new systems and reports, create new cross functional processes, and to support reporting for executive level decision making.
- Reviews routine investment accounting entries, financial reporting, and reconciliations. Assists in providing direction to and development of associates through mentoring and feedback.
- Researches, evaluates, and implements and documents new accounting guidance. Maintains technical accounting expertise of other statutory and GAAP accounting principles. Formalizes results in technical accounting memos.
- Owns the implementation and maintenance of effective processes and procedures for completing and improving work. Retains ownership of certain core systems, driving additional efficiencies and ROI.
- Leverages operational excellence to identify, evaluate and implement changes to improve efficiency and reduce risk.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Demonstrated working knowledge, understanding and experience interpreting, utilizing and applying statutory and GAAP accounting rules and regulations. Cite examples that demonstrate proficiency in this area.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret financial statements and apply a broad business perspective in summarizing results.
- Demonstrated experience successfully acting as the lead on projects as well as a resource to other accountants.
- Possesses and demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience communicating to and influencing opinion in large and small groups.
- Demonstrated successful experience in problem-solving situations.
- Must provide examples from work experience of going above and beyond the call of duty to assist team members.
- Cite examples of self-motivation and proactive personal development.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt communication styles and successfully articulate technical information to associates as well as various levels of management.
- Proven agility handling multiple priorities within a fast-paced financial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with integrity and maturity.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality, emphasizes the need to deliver quality products and/or services; defines standards for quality and evaluates products, processes and/or services against those standards; builds quality into each step of the process.
- This position works in an office setting and remains in a continuous stationary position for long periods of time while working at a desk, on a computer or with other standard office equipment, or while in meetings. Position requires substantial movement of wrists, hands and fingers for continuous computer work.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance.
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
- Proficient in general ledger and spreadsheet applications.
- Working knowledge of word processing, presentation and accounting systems.
Certifications & Licenses (i.e., Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
- Certified public accountant with CPE requirements met or candidate pursuing CPA certification preferred.
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.