Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
CincyTech is a mission-driven organization focused on bringing world class research and innovations from anywhere to the Cincinnati region. We leverage our network of partners and coinvestors to advance seed and early stage opportunities to scale. Since 2007 we have invested in more than 80 seed-stage high growth opportunities, and support 30 companies. We work with brilliant founders and researchers with deep technical, scientific or market insights that can drive disruptive change in large markets. Our areas of interest are broad, including software, digital services, healthcare, consumer, and other high growth domains.
CincyTech’s finance and operations team members work collaboratively to deliver best-in-class services to the investment team and our stakeholders, including our board, investors, grantors, entrepreneurs and partners. We track and manage our day-to-day operations, uphold legal governance and compliance for our operating entities and fund entities, oversee payroll and benefits, deliver financial and key metrics reporting, produce tax returns (with outside CPA expertise) and are responsible for the IT and cybersecurity environment for CincyTech. We also work closely with the investment team and our partners to ensure our companies have access to top accounting and tax resources and share best practices. With a large active portfolio and a pace of 6-8 new investments per year, the work is fast-paced and ever-changing. The challenges are diverse and the work is intellectually challenging, and requires perseverance and commitment to driving outcomes for our companies.
This position will be responsible for assisting in a variety of day-to-day financial reporting and other operational processes including: monthly close process, quarterly fund reporting, capital calls and distributions, state grant compliance and invoicing, and accounts payable. This position will also be heavily involved in preparing and supporting the year-end audits and tax return preparation with our auditors and advisors. Growth in this position is possible with the ability to coach and manage college interns and take on full ownership of day-to-day tasks as the individual learns the business.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial reporting of CincyTech Funds
- Prepare annual SPV financial reports
- Participate in capital call / distribution process by tracking and recording journal entries
- Support fund audits; prepare PBC documents for auditors
- Manage collection of portfolio company K-1s and distribution of fund/SPV K-1s to investors
- Assist in preparation for board, audit committee and investment committee meetings
- Help to ensure that investor records (Sharefile/Salesforce) are up to date working with Business Operations Manager
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations; maintain cash reconciliation / tracking for funds
- Review fund fee invoices for submission to the State
- Help with ad-hoc requests from investors, including audit confirmations
- Assist CFO with legal upkeep and dissolution of funds/SPVs
Position directly reports to: CincyTech Controller Location: This individual must be located in the Greater Cincinnati region. We currently have a hybrid work structure in place based on each individual’s meeting schedule. Travel: Minimal travel is required.
- Prepare journal entries and related support for CincyTech, LLC
- Code and enter all invoices into the financial reporting system
- Execute weekly check run based on approve to pay by the Controller
- Review ESP grant invoices for submission to the State (CincyTech and subgrantees)
- Prepare invoices to be billed and track accounts receivable / collection
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations - as part of the month-end close process
- Help with preparation of the monthly financials and monthly management reporting pack
- Prepare payroll entries
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Help with quarterly and annual tax compliance
- Prepare annual CAT tax return for state of Ohio
- Assist with compilation of CincyTech’s key performance metrics, as needed
Benefits:CincyTech offers an intelligent, dynamic and progressive work culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Internships or other work experience in public accounting or corporate accounting function a plus
- Interest in the venture capital / start-up ecosystem and fast-paced work environment
- Ability to adapt and adjust to change
- Strong communication, organization and prioritization skills
- Proactive, independent thinker and ability to work well in small teams
- CPA certification preferred, but not required
- Previous experience with not-for-profit fund accounting and grant applications a plus
- Previous experience with Business Central, PowerBI, Microsoft Dynamics or other cloud accounting software and Salesforce a plus
If interested in applying, please submit your application at cincytechjobs.softr.app/apply
- High engagement from local institutions and regional community
- Dedicated team with diverse backgrounds
- Competitive benefits
- Committed to diversity, equity and inclusion
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
CincyTech helps to transform innovation into high growth life science and digital companies in southwest Ohio. Our team provides advice and capital to entrepreneurs, helps research institutions commercialize technology through startups, and catalyzes investment from individuals and institutions into regional companies. One of the most active seed funds in the Midwest, CincyTech is supported by Ohi...